The Morning After

Krithika got up with naughty sunrays playing peek a boo with her face.
She was alarmed looking at the time.
'Holyshit how did I sleep for so long, that too on my first day after marriage '.. She thought aloud dissapointed with herself.
Just when she was about to flee to the washroom a sleeping form caught her attention filling her heart with warmth.
Her husband of one day made quite a sight sleeping like a baby on his stomach with his mouth open, hair disheveled, face glowing.
She didn't know how and when she got this lucky.
Oh boy how much she wanted to run her hands through that hair and pepper his face with kisses.

Chiding herself for her shameless thoughts she hurried into the washroom.

After a quick shower and draping herself in a crimson saree she settled herself near the dressing table.

Just then she caught her husband staring at her through the mirror.

Blusing she turned around and wished her love good morning.

'Good Morning' he replied with a smile robbing her of her breath.

Rishi headed to the washroom without saying anything else leaving Krithika dissapointed.

She was expecting few words of appreciation. Sighing she got ready and hurried downstairs to complete other rituals.

She prayed to the almighty thanking him for giving her husband of her dreams.

With the help of her mother in law and sister in law she cooked Rishi's favourite dish and waited for him on the dining table wondering what is taking him so long.

After an hour came the man of her desires  with a smug smile greeting his parents and sister he sat beside Krithika to have his breakfast.

Krithika was just dumbstruck seeing her love. Man!! he was looking out of the world dressed in crisp White shirt and blue trousers of finest fabric, hair neatly gelled.

She could not stop drooling. Rishi lightly shaked her out of her revire.

'Like what you see, eat I won't run away' He said smugly.

'You wish' She replied annoyed.

Thier banter was interpreted by Rishi's Sister.

'Bhabi made your favourite dish how do you like it' She asked her brother.

'It is nice' He quipped

Krithika's face lit up by this small compliment only to fall down listening to his next comment.

'I would like this dish however it is made anyway as I love it' He stated matter of factly.

He got up and announced he is leaving for work much to her dissapointed.

'I cannot leave everything just because Iam married. It is done now let's get back to our respective lives'... Said Rishi.

'See you in the evening' He said walking up to Krithika lightly touching her shoulder. She just smiled in response.

Krithika was confused with her husband's nonchalant behaviour.

She dismissed her thoughts thinking he would come around and become more comfortable with time.

She hopped happily behind her sister who was super excited about opening her wedding gifts. To be truthful she is least interested all she wanted is to spend some alone time with her husband.