I Hope So.

~Ruby's POV~

"If you don't tell them now they'll never understand" my mum reassured me while kissing the top of my head before getting up and answering the door. "Ruby" My three friends shouted as they came into the kitchen "Hey" I smiled as I hugged them all "what was so important?" Terry asked causing me to sigh a sad sigh before looking helpfully at my Mum who just sent me a sad glance before walking out of the Kitchen, thanks mum. "I have to tell you all something" I sighed as I sat down with Terry at my side, Stacie across from me and Tamara next to Stacie "what is it?" Stacie asked as she reached over the table and took hold of my hand "you're scaring me Ru" Tamara sighed sadly "I'm moving" I said while keeping my eyes glued to the table "w-what?" Terry stuttered "when?" Tamara asked sadly "in a hour" I replied finally meeting their watery gazes "why are you only telling us now? How long have you known?" Stacie asked through her tears "since last Monday, I didn't want our last week together to be full of sadness" I replied as I squeezed her hand "but I couldn't go without saying bye" I smiled sadly "why are you going?" Terry asked before receiving warning glares of Tamara and Stacie "dad's got a new job in Virginia" I said as I looked into her eyes "that's only a two hour drive away" Tamara smiled "we can visit" she smiled happily "you can, all of you can" I smiled at the group "so no more crying, we have to do something before you leave" Terry laughed as we all wiped our tears "but what?" Stacie asked as we all thought of different things to occupy our last hour together.

"We're here" My mum smiled as she read the Welcome sign "Welcome to Mystic Falls" I read aloud with a smile, I know, I shouldn't be happy that I'm moving to a new town and leaving all my friends behind but there was so much drama and pain back there, I need a new start "you're going to love it here" My dad smiled as he kept his eyes on the road "I hope so" I said as I looked out the window at the new scenery I'm going to call home.