Chapter 3: New friends

I feel like this chapter may start to get more into action! Tell other people to read my story please :)

Thanks :)

*****Juliette's P.O.V.*****

One week after my London incident I decided to come clear with my dad and tell him that we, Chantal and I, were planing on going to the Cannes festivals. He didn't seem to take it as well as my mom who encouraged me to go. She then convinced my dad to let me go, he wasn't thoroughly convinced until I told him that I had already bought the dress.

Then he gave me the 'talk'. "Juliette you better be safe and I mean it. You may be eighteen, but that doesn't matter anything could and may happen to you if you aren't aware of the troubles." Nodding my head periodically, I could basically recite his speech by heart. My brain started reciting the next couple of lines, "I don't want to you to go running off doing the wrong things with boys. And you and Chantal better keep in contact if you guys ever split up." Yup I had it memorized.

"Do you understand?" My dad asked once he had finished.

"Yup!" I say popping the 'p', "and I even decided on renting a limo with Chantal it would make the ride there and back easier." I knew this would lift some weight off my dad shoulders and make him ok with it more. He was always scared of me driving at night.

"That's an excellent idea!" My dad said joyfully. He then made a call to arrange the tickets for us, sure you needed to get invited months before, but when your dad is basically 'the owner' or 'the king of the french riviera' it's easy to let him pass and get what he wants. He owns basically all the stuff here, or thats what I say to people. He helps direrecting movies from the States that come to France to shoot some scenes, he owns a big company called Montalio. Montalio owns a bunch of smaller companies, such as malls and entertainment areas. So we could get tickets if we really wanted... I sometimes feel bad doing stuff like this because people with out the fame don't get the chance... something I sometimes wish to change, but now isn't the time for that.

* * * * *

After two long weeks it was finally the night of the beginning of the Cannes festivals. Chantal and I had agreed to rent out a limo together. She was to come to my house at four just so that we could be perfect, while the limo was to arrive at five thirty. I put on my gorgeous coral pink dress. A silky loose dress that has a slit on the side and is full of ruffles on the bottom half, and on the top half there are some sparkles which I love because it looks amazing with my long diamond earrings and my silver high heels. It is almost four clock when I heard the door bell ring. "Must be Chantal!" I walk to the maroon door and open it to see Chantal in a pastel dress filled with a mixture of pink, purple, blue, and even a tint of green. It was amazing. Embracing all her amazing qualities like her long blonde locks and elegant frame. "You look amazing!" I said.

"I guessed by your jaw drop," she laughed, "you look modelish."

"Thanks." I blush, "but seriously you will attract all the boys! Including One Direction!" I wink.

"Trust me we both will!" She states while we make our way up the spiral stair case and into my sky blue room filled with rock posters and cars. People though I was a girlie girl 24/7, but trust me I have a crazy boy side also. It doesn't fully come out till I'm with my friends or boys. We applied some makeup and did our hair. After what seemed like two minutes, but really one hour and a half there was a honk outside. "Are limo!" I squealed while I slipped on my heels, "Let's get this party started!!"

* * * * *

"Omg! It's so cool!!!" Chantal exclaimed when the limo had park right in front of the path that lead to the entrance of the building. It's true it was amazing there were celebrities almost everywhere and the paparazzi trying to get everyone with there microphones and cameras, it was almost like a circus to be honest, but there was more thrill to it. The chauffeur opened the door for Chantal and I. Once we managed to get out we said goodbye and made are way around. "Now keep your eyes on the look out!" Chantal says referring to our plan that we would search for One Direction as we walked. "You thought I would forget?" I asked raising my eyebrow she saw it and giggled and said something back that I didn't catch because I had hit something hard that smelled like cologne. "Watch it." I snap and cussed in english, which I tend to do, to what ever I ran into.

"Someone's a bit moody." The voice replied.

"I'm not moody I just don't like running into people." I sighed glad it wasn't a wall that would humiliate me. I looked up and saw amazing green eyes looking into mine I held their gaze and snapped out of it realizing Chantal hadn't said anything, "Chantal where are you?" I yell. I look to my left and see her staring goggly eyed at Louis. I need to tell her to stop staring telepathically, but I know that sort of stuff isn't true so I advice my attention to Harry who has a wide spread grin on his face while he looks me up and down. "You like what you see?" I asks knowing automatically I took one of his favorite lines.

"Hey that's what I say!" He whined rubbing his abs.

"To bad." I say sticking my tongue out.

"Hurry up I'm hungry!" Someone whines which I guess is Nial.

"Yeah we should probably go," Chantal finally says still staring creepily at Louis. She probably knew everything about him and he probably knew nothing about her besides what he saw and her name when I yelled it out.

"Why would you ditch us?" Louis finally speaks.

"Yeah why? Come eat with us!" Harry says wiggling his eyebrows at me. As the other boys nodded.

"Because eating with strangers isn't my specialty and it's never been something people praised." I tell them seriously.

"So I am a stranger to you? We should be the ones saying that!" Zayn said with a chuckle.

"That's weird." I randomly say in French changing the subject. I hadn't really realized it at first, but I was speaking in English. This could explain why Chantal wasn't speaking much she only had the education from school which was a limit to some point, but I guess she didn't mind hence the drool coming down her face.

"Quoi?" 'what' Harry said with an English accent. Even though I know he can speak French I still find it amazing to hear him speak it.

"Rien." 'Nothing' I say. "What do you mean? You think I know who you guys are?" I say sarcastically to Zayn.

"Oh where are our manors?" Harry says sarcastically, "Let me introduce my self I am Harry Styles, there is Louis Tomlinson, he is Zayn Malik, he is Liam Payne, and over there is Nial Horan."

"So curly, carrots, hair, papa, and pig? Got it!" I say with a smirk.

"Wait what?" They exclaim all at once.

"Liar! So you do know who we are!" Harry says with a hint of sarcasm.

"Well if you are best friends with that girl," I say pointing at Chantal, "then you would be crazy if you didn't know who you guys are!"

"Then why aren't you acting all fan girl at us?" Liam asks.

"Clearly Chantal is to Louis." I bluntly state as I turn my head to catch a glimps of Louis checking her out and his cheeks turn a shade pinker.

"Louis you are making me feel uncomfortable for your girlfriend." Harry sates.

"Harry if you had a girlfriend I would feel bad for her." Louis says.

"Louis you are cheating on me for her! Don't cheat her with her on me!" Harry complains. Clearly only Louis can understand their bromance.

"So do you guys want to go?" Nial says slightly tired of their conversation.

"I would love to go!" I say as my stomach growls. I can't help but smile at my new friends, and also at the fact Chantal probabaly only understood snipits of our conversation.