twelve | insane

— ❊ —

          "No!" Eunmi shouted and pushed Sowon away from Jungkook, "You can't keep on controlling him like that!" Eunmi wanted to be there in case anything went wrong so she dressed up as a man and followed them wherever they went. It took a lot in her to not run over and pull them apart whenever they held hands but she couldn't watch it any longer when Sowon pulled him in for the kiss.

Sowon seemed as if she was about to burst out in rage for a moment before it diminished, all at once. Sowon expected Jungkook to not tell anyone that he was being blackmailed. Assuming that Eunmi just guessed that her beloved friend was being forced into doing all this, Sowon decided to put up an act for the moment.

"What do you mean? I'm controlling him? I'd never do that. Leave me and my boyfriend alone," she said and reached out to grab onto Jungkook's hand but Eunmi hauled him few steps away from her. "Shut up. I know what you've been up to," Eunmi said and glared, "But guess what? He's not scared of you anymore."

"W-wait what are you-" Jungkook mumbled as his eyes widened towards Eunmi. "We don't care what you do or say," Eunmi cut him off and tightened her grip on Jungkook's arm in reassurance that she knew what she was doing.

"You don't know the entire story behind what happened to his sister so you better shut the fuck up," Eunmi said lowly before dragging Jungkook away from there.

"What did you just do? She's gonna tell everyone now!" Jungkook panicked as he stopped walking. He didn't want to go through everything again. He didn't have the energy to.

"I'll be there to protect you, don't worry," Eunmi said, "I'll stand up for you and defend you if anyone says anything."

Cold stares reflected from each person as Jungkook made his way down the hallway. Palms sweaty, he took in a shaky breath and kept his gaze down as he got closer to his locker.

Links of the murder case were sent to some students through text and posted by an anonymous account onto the bulletin board of the school's home page. Either way, everyone found out about Jungkook's past the way it was written on the articles back then.

Handful of students moved away as Jungkook walked past them, supposedly in fear. The sound of hushed tones filled the atmosphere.

"Did you hear about his sister?"

"He's a murderer."

"He killed his sister, oh my god."

The situation reminded Jungkook of how his old neighborhood was when he got released from jail. The same judgmental looks, the same harsh whispers. All those words that were said at him back then echoed in his head and he could no longer tell the difference between what was being said now and then.

He felt like he was going insane.

"Why is this monster even out? He should be locked up for life."

Jungkook stopped walking. The words collided. Those words, the exact same words, were said at him back then. And that infuriated him. He was no longer in control of his body as he darted at the boy who said it, holding him by his collars as he smashed his back onto the lockers. "Shut up!" he screeched.