What's Your Problem!?

A/N: Hello again. Welcome to part 4 😁. Hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I am writing it!

When I got home my mind was a mess. I couldn't think straight, I had even forgotten about Seph completely. My first thought was to go right to my phone. Instinctively, I texted Soph. 'Hey it's Red'

Almost imidiantly I got a response. 'Took you long enough flame brain!' How is it she's enthusiastic even over text? With my mind in a blur we started texting back and forth. Eventually she got tired. We said our goodbyes and I sat in my bed, realising I was tired too. I looked at my clock.

"Oh crap... it's 2:30... we spent 4 hours texting?" It amazed me how we were able to keep a conversation for that long. Out of no where, a wave of realisation hit me. Quickly I hopped in my desk chair, flipping my notebook open and jotting down a few things I noticed about Seph.

Once finished, I sighed. I glanced at my phone once more. "Why couldn't I think straight?" Eventually I gave up on my pondering, it'd save me an hour of sleep.

The next morning felt brighter. For some reason I woke with a smile on my face. "Musta had a good dream?" Since I couldn't remember what that dream was, I continued my normal routine, but it was far from normal.

I constantly stopped to check my phone. It was only just before I left that I had got what I was look looing for. A ring coming from my phone made me smile. I had no idea why. New Text from: Soph !

I tapped through my phone. I read what she sent me. 'Morning Red! Sleep well?' My smile grew. I knew exactly what she's say if she saw me now. "You look so creepy smiling like that!"

I tapped through my keypad, texting her back. 'Yeah I did, how bout you?' I turned the screen off stuffing it in my pocket. I opened the door to my house and apparently I still had that smile... "Red! What's with the creepy smile?"

I jumped slightly. No one had ever talked to me openly in the morning. "Whatda mean creepy? That's how I look naturally!" She giggled a bit. "Ya know what is creepy, you know where I live." She continued to giggle.

"Well turns out your house is on my path to school." She smiled warmly. I couldn't help but return the favor. The two of us walked to school, continuing to share jokes and pick and one another.

Eventually we made it to the school gate. That's when I finally heard all the whispering. Of course, like always, it was about me. Well, more or less. Slowly, I could make out more and more. It was all about Soph, how she was way to close to me, and how she was going to end up being enemies with Seph. Just before we got to the school door, I stopped.

"Something wrong Red?" I looked down at the concrete. "Yeah. I don't think we should be hanging out anymore." The words felt like poison in my mouth. Each word was harder to say then the last. "W-what! But I just met you!" I couldn't bring myself to look up. "Listen Soph, people like me shouldn't have many friends. It gets people like you killed."

I started walking again. She was left stunned, and paralysed by the door. My eyes refused to avoid hers as I walked. Our gazes locked, and stayed there for what felt like forever. Finally, I pulled them away from hers.  I already knew I had next period with her, and it was tourture.

I sat down, and instantly had to lecture myself. "Why are you getting attached? You know you're never allowed to have friends. Not again, not after what happened." I opened my eyes, and sighed. Class was about to start, and I saw Soph come in and sit down. I acted like I had ignored her, and luckily for me class started before she said anything.