The Big Reveal

A/N: Hey again readers! Thanks for clicking on my story once again, I promise I'll make it worth your time. Hopefully, this chapter will be longer than the last few (2000+ words). So sit back, relax, and enjoy this chapter!

First hour will have to wait today, that student paper kid wouldn't wait long to get his interview. As Soph and I approached the school, my eyes instantly started scanning for Seph. He wasn't hard to spot among the crowd, as he was at the center of it. Soph waved to him, smiling. "Hey Soph, why don't we talk to Seph for a bit?" She glanced at me curiously but shrugged and decided to go along with it.

We pushed through the crowd, finally making our way to Seph. He looked at me weirdly for a bit. "Hey Seph! still popular I see!" Sophia giggled. I didn't add onto that, as my face was beyond serious. Seph faked laughed until he saw the look I gave him. "There a problem Red?" I nodded slowly. "Yeah, but I think there are better places to talk about it." I said, gesturing to the crowd around us.

Seph raised his eyebrow, clearly skeptical. "Oh, alright. We can talk after-" I cut him off, getting a few gasps from the crowd. "I'd much rather we talk now." I tried to sound urgent. Seph glanced at Sophia, then back at me. Soph seemed more confused then ever. 

Seph sighed. "Alright, I'll meet you on the roof then." I nodded, walking with Soph as Seph tried to defuse the crowd. Soph looked at me with worry in her eyes. "What happened? Is it about that spying kid? He was pretty scared the first time, around. Why would he bother you-" I held up my hand. 

"Soph, I think it's better if the whole school doesn't know about all of my problems, okay?" She looked down, clearly feeling guilty. "Oh. Right, sorry." Seeing her liked that made me feel horrible. How could I make someone so energetic and happy as her so sad? "I'm glad you're at least expressing you care, but I'd rather keep it between the three of us." She looked up, nodding. I really hope that cheered her up. 

Soon we made it to the roof, the fresh breeze, filling my lungs. I watched as a few leaves floated by. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Sophia said happily. I smiled to myself, walking over to the railing. Not long after I leaned on the railing, I heard the roof door slam open. "What the hell is your problem Red!? You trying to ruin my reputation?" I heard Seph growl. My fists clenched around the railing. "Sorry, I didn't realize all those nameless faces were more important." I growled back. 

I turned towards him. "Besides, The student paper is expecting you to give them a juicy story." Seph looked furious. "Are you kidding me Red? You don't run this place. You can't just decide what's happening when." "And you can?" I growled back. Seph tried really hard not the throw something at me. "Fine. What is it they want?" 

"That kid from yesterday was spying on me. I made a deal to not make a fuss about it if he interviewed you." I paused, letting it sink in. Seph raised his eyebrow. "Let me guess, you know what you want me to tell him," I smirked, nodding. "Yeah. You're gonna tell him I'm the new Ace of Webster High school."

Both Seph and Sophia stood there in silence. I clearly caught them off guard with that one. Seph was the first to speak up. "Are you kidding me? First you wanna boss me around, then you wanna change the hierarchy?" I sighed. "Think about it. If people know that I am one of the royals, why would they challenge me? If no one tries to aggravate me because of my position, then I never go all murder happy."

I could practically see the gears in Seph's head turn. He was starting to understand why I said that. "Fair enough... But you know that means you'll have to participate in school wars. Not to mention you first have to dethrone Zane, the current Ace." 

I shrugged, not bothered by it. "I was the king in middle school. I think I have a fair amount of experience with this stuff." Out of nowhere, my eye caught Sophia's. She gave me a look that felt like someone had stabbed my heart. "Red... What happened? You're like a different person... Ever since yesterday..."