Chapter 2

It’s been less than a week since the next door neighbours have moved in and my mum is already bestfriends with Kyle’s mum Becky. If only they had a daughter instead of a son, that way everyone would be happy. But to my dismay, I have to put up with up with Kyle and his loud music all day and all night. Thank God half term break is over and College’s starting again, at least this way he might go to sleep early and let me sleep too!

“Books, Pencil case, Purse...what else?” I was saying things out loud as I was putting them into my bag. First day back is always the hardest. “What else am I forgetting?” I was walking around my room searching for something but I had no idea what.

“Packed your glasses too Nerd?” Kyle shouted from his window. I rolled my eyes and turned to look at him, “Do you always have to perv on me? Haven’t you got anything better to do?” I questioned Kyle and turned to look for my glasses. It’s as if he knew everything about me, how did he know I wore glasses?

“Oh shut up Sweet cakes, you know you love all the attention you get from me” he gave me a smirk. I was just about to argue with him when I heard my mum yell from the kitchen.

“Tina honey, come down and eat breakfast, you’re going to be late for college”

“Coming mumm” I shouted back while quickly fixing my hair and taking one last look at myself in the mirror. Denim shorts, white top and a daisy hair band... “Perfect” I said while smiling at myself in the mirror. Kyle sniggered in the background. Shoot..I forgot he was still there. I rolled my eyes at him then grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs.

“I have no time for breakfast mum; I’m going to be late”

“Have a little to eat Tina, you can’t go to college with an empty stomach.”

“Nooo.” I said while putting on my white sandals.

“Okay do as you wish. But wait, you’re going to college with Becky’s Son.”

“What!? Kyle? Nooo whyyyy mum?”

“He’s new Tina! You’re the only one he knows. He’ll need your help to get used to college. Promise me you’ll take care of him”

I nodded at her and let out a groan. He’s 17 for crying out loud, he can look after himself. I mean I’m a year younger than him! He should be looking after me! First day back and I have to go to college with him. GREAT.

I opened the door and there he was, in his jeans and black and white unbuttoned checked shirt with a grey vest inside standing in my drive way. He looked smug, leaning against his motorbike.

“Come on then let’s go.” I began walking off hoping Kyle would follow behind, but he didn’t. “I’m not walking anywhere, get on” Kyle pointed towards his motorbike. Did he really think I was going to get on that? With him?

 “Dude! The college is only 2 blocks away, stop being lazy and walk!”

“I don’t care. Are you getting on or should I just go on without you? It’s my first day, I gotta make an entrance.” I gave a frustrated look and walked towards him. I promised my mum I would look after him so I had to do as Kyle said. He handed me his helmet and said “Wear it.”

“well naaww I’m gonna eat it.” He smiled at my sarcasm. I put the helmet on and sat behind him.

“Nice legs.” I rolled my eyes at his pervy compliment but obviously he couldn’t see through the helmet.

“Well hold onto me, do you want to fall off and die?” I wrapped my arms around his waist at the thought of falling off. “Don’t go too fast!” I warned him.