Chapter 4

I woke up smiling. For the first time, I had such a nice peaceful sleep. Lying on my bed just thinking of the kiss from last night. I couldn’t help but blush. Who would have thought that I’d be thinking about Kyle so much? I turned over so that my stomach was faced down on the bed and hugged my pillow as tight as I could. That kiss was something...it sent sparks. It felt like a dream until all of a sudden so many questions came to mind; did he feel the spark? Was it as magical as it was for me, for him? What if he didn’t feel the same? My happy mood had soon disappeared.

Today was the day of the party and by the, I actually mean THE party. Every year the richest kid from our grade (Trevor Bernard) would host a house party which everyone went to. If you didn’t go then you were counted as an unknown. I got off the bed completely forgetting about Kyle and sped to my wardrobe. I looked inside and realised that I had nothing to wear. Nothing. Well except for the long ugly dresses and the other ones I’ve worn over and over again. I wasn’t going to wear any of them. After last year I had learnt to not make the same mistake of wearing a dress that’s so long that it makes you look like a nun going to a house party. I had no other choice but to go last minute shopping. Erghh why do I leave everything till the end?

I can’t drive yet because my mum thinks I’m not responsible enough even if all my friends can. It’s so annoying how I always have to depend on my friends to take me shopping. I quickly text Katie to ask if she could come shopping with me.

“Hey Katie; going shopping, gotta buy a new dress. Wanna come with? xx”

By the time I had the chance to even put my phone down she replied back. That’s what I love about Katie, she never keeps you waiting.

Sorry Babe wish I could, but can’t. Gotta revise for the test on Monday and I won’t be able to tonight because of the party so I can only revise now and tomorrow. Sorry xox”

Just as I replied to Katie telling her that it’s okay, the bell rang. I thought my mum would answer the door so I didn’t pay much attention until it rang again. Realising that my mum was at work and I was home alone I ran down the stairs to answer it.

“About time you opened the door!” Jake exclaimed.

“Sorrryyyyyyyyyyy, I thought my mum was home and then yeah.” Before I even finished my sentence a quick thought came into mind.

“Jakkeeee?” I said in a high pitched voice while grinning at him.

“Whatever you’re about to say, the answer is no.”

“How do you know I’m asking you for something?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Because whenever you want something from you always put on that voice.”

I laughed at Jake because he was right. Whenever I would want something from him I’d always put on a special voice.

I pouted at Jake, giving him a puppy dog look.

He broke; “Alright, alright. What do you want?”

Instantly I smiled and asked “Pleaaasseeee come shopping with me? I have to buy a new dress and I have nothing to wear and then I’ll look really bad if I wear one of my old dresses and and and-”

Jake cut me off before I passed out, “Okay, Okay! Breathe Tina! I’ll come but you owe me! Big time!”

As soon as we got to the mall Jake reminded me that I owed him.

“What do you want Jake? I’ll buy you anything.”

“Hmm anything? I want a new stereo, a new phone; a mansion with 2 Lamborghini’s parked outside....”

I gave him a serious death stare.

Jake put his hands in the air “I’m kidding, I’m kidding! Jheeze Tina, with those glares you could kill someone.” Jake and I both laughed because he was correct.

“I want a hotdog please I’m starving. Oh and a smoothie!”

That’s what I loved about mine and Jakes friendship; we’ve known each other for so long that it doesn’t really make a difference if I being the girl pay. We’re sort of balanced.

After Jakes belly was satisfied and full I finally got to shop.

Jake found the most beautiful dress for me.

“Are you sure I can pull that off? I mean it’s so wow and I’m just..” I didn’t finish my sentence.

Jake passed me the dress.

“Just try it on T, you’ll look amazing.”

I really didn’t mind getting changed in front of Jake; in fact he knew more about me than Katie, but that’s because I’ve known him for much longer. Jake went inside the changing room cubicle with me and lied down on the bench letting out a sigh. I felt bad, he was so tired from running shop to shop, but I had to make sure I found the perfect dress.

I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror.

“Jake? Zip me up.”

He tugged on the zip and pulled it up. I found it, well Jake found it; the perfect dress. It was a black strapless dress that came up to my thighs with a white belt. It was just right; not too busy and not too plain. I turned to look at him.

“Soo what do you think?” I asked Jake.

“Wow! Your boobs look great Miss double D!”  Did I forget to mention he even knew my bra size? I know what you’re thinking but no. The only reason he knew was because I made him get a bra from my cupboard and knowing him he probably memorised the damn size.

I started to blush and hit Jake on the arm.

“Jake! Is that all you can see? Tell me, how do I look?” I tried to stretch the end of the dress down feeling a little uncomfortable. “Are you sure it’s not too revealing and short?” I asked cautiously.

“No! You look Hot! Don’t pull it down, trust me it’s not that short. You look amazing.” I smiled at him feeling quite happy. Jake always knew how to make me feel more comfortable about myself. I know I am pretty, well everyone always told me I am and that I’m the hottest girl at school, but I didn’t see it. I’m very self conscious.

We got to the car after I paid for my dress, when I remembered.

“Shoes!” I exclaimed at Jake.

He just laughed. “Way ahead of you.” Jake handed me a box. I opened it and saw the most amazing black heels ever! Jake might as well be my clothes guy that shops for me because he has taste! I love Jake, he’s like the older brother I never had. They say that when you get married your husband’s your better half; well with me, my best friend is my better half.

“JAKEE!! They’re amazinggg!! Ahhh!!” I jumped with excitement and hugged him really tight nearly strangling him.

- Guyss fan me and spread the story. Hope you're all liking it so farr :) this was a very short chapter I know but they'll get longer...

Dont forget to vote and comment!

Aria xx-