Chapter 3

A rose and a light brown fluffy teddy bear wearing a t-shirt that said “I’m Beary Sorry” were lying on my table. I couldn’t help but smile, who was this from? I picked up the teddy and noticed a card below it.

To Tina,

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you this morning. I was just having a bit of fun, I didn’t want to hurt you.

Forgive me sweet cakes? I’m irresistible ;)

Kyle  

I was now staring at the card and smiling like an idiot. Could Kyle be so...nice? Trust him to ruin the moment by being so bigheaded. I chuckled.

“Tina let me see. Who is it from?” Katie said trying to read the card over my shoulders. I handed her the card.

“Ooo Tina’s got an admirer” Katie teased me.

Jake jumped, “who’s crushing on my babygirl?” he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

“Guys! I’m not a baby, stop teasing me.” I could feel myself going red.

“What Tina? He’s so sexy, give him a chance. He seems interested. There he is, go talk to him.”

I turned around to see him on the delinquents table, the boys around the table were the same except there were cheerleaders on the table too. Kyle’s sitting on the table with his arms around 2 cheerleaders, one on each side. “Naah, he seems busy.” I picked up the teddy bear and hugged it, he’s soo cute.

“Tina go!” Jake yelled and pushed me towards Kyle. I still had the teddy and card in my hands, but slowly walked towards Kyle, he wasn’t looking at me, instead he was busy talking to 1 of the girls.

“Kyle?” He looked me up and down.

“Yeah?” He didn’t sound as sweet as he did in the card, I could hear annoyance in his voice.

“I just wanted to say thanks for this and I forgive you.”

“Yeah, Yeah whatever. I only did it because Katelyn made me.”

And I thought he did it to be nice.

Katelyn was the girl standing on his right. She burst out laughing and said “Kyle! She fell for it. Ha-Ha as if you’d actually be sweet to a nobody. Did she really think you liked her?”

My heart sank. Was this a prank? Was he just messing with me? The rose, the bear, the card... all of it was just given to me to break my heart?

“So all this was given to me so you guys could make fun of my reaction?” I looked into Kyle’s eyes and held back the tears.

“Well thanks Kyle. I actually thought you were different, I thought you weren’t as horrible as you came out to be. I was wrong. In just 5minutes you played with my heart. You’re a Jerk. I hate you!” I threw the bear and card at him and ran off. The whole canteen was silent. Everyone saw and heard what happened. Jake and Katie were looking at me with pity, I ran past them with tears rolling down my face.

I bunked the rest of the day. I didn’t go to any lessons, instead I stayed in the library. The end of the day bell rang. Finally, the school day was over. I walked out the school building before anyone could see me. I didn’t even think about waiting for Kyle, I just wanted to get home.

“How was the first day back to school honey?” My mum asked.

“It was good.” I lied.

“Mum I’m really tired, I want to go sleep for a bit.”