Chapter 10: The Ransom

Mayra's POV

I woke up, feeling really drowsy and dizzy. My head was hurting really bad and sore. I tried to rub my head, but I couldn't. My hands were tied to the chair, my feet also, and I can't see anything but darkness. I tried to scream out for help, but there's tape on my mouth. I'm stuck where I'm at, helpless, not knowing where I am, why am I here, what do these people want from me?
I then heard some footsteps coming my way.
"Well well well, look who just woke up." I heard someone. I panicked, squirming around like a crazy person.
"Hey hey HEY!! Just calm down! I'm going to take the blindfold off, but understand that if you don't calm down, we'll leave it on and hurt you. Trust me I don't want my partners to hurt you. Got it?" He asked.
I nodded. They finally took off my blindfold and all I see is bright blurry lights. When my eyes adjusted, I looked at the men. They had masks on and the person in front of me took his mask off. Once he took off his mask, I freaked out because usually when you see a person's face (mostly killers or kidnappers) they kill you.
He looked annoyed. "Hey will you stop squirming around? I told you, anymore of that and I'll hurt you." He screamed. I settled down but I'm terrified. He comes closer to me and whispers, "I'm going to take the tape off, but I'll have my buddies point their armed guns at you. If you say a word, I won't hesitate to have them shoot you. Do you understand?"
I nodded.
"Good girl! I knew we'd get along." He said.
The 2 other guys came up to me, pointed their guns to my head, and the guy without the mask took the tape off. He stands up and looks down at me.
"Now, I'm going to explain what's going on and I'm only going to say it once. So if I were you I'd pay attention."
I nodded.
"Good. You're probably wondering why you're here, where am I? Who are you? And what do you want from me those kinds of questions. Let me introduce myself. My name is David. You're in an old shed in the middle of nowhere. You're here because I need something from you, something from your family."
I was shocked and confused. At least I got his name and some of his features, but dang he's hot! Wait, what am I thinking? He's a kidnapper!
"What is it that you want from me and my family?" I asked.
He chuckled, and looked at me. "I'll be asking the questions here." He said. "What's your name?"
"M-Mayra, my name is Mayra," I answered calmly.
He smiled, dang! He has a gorgeous smile! Oh no! Stop thinking like that Mayra. You have a boyfriend, David is no good.
"Hehe, well Mayra. What does your parents do for a living?" He asked.
"My dad's a cop and my mom is a Medical doctor." I answered.
He was shocked, "wow, they must work so hard. Hard enough to get me some money!" He laughed.
I struggled, really? He wants money?! What the hell!
He then glared at me, "stop struggling! Or I may have to have my buddy here shoot you!" He said.
I stopped knowing that he was serious.
"You got to realize that we're not rich dude." I said.
"I'll be the judge of that." He said. "What we're gonna do is that we're going to call your parents, telling them we have you. We will warn them not to call the authorities even though your dad is a cop, we will make sure he
doesn't say a word to the department."
"How much money are you wanting?" I ask hesitantly.
He laughs, "$650,000."
Crap! That's a lot of money!
"$650,000?! You're joking right?" I asked.
He glared at me. "No, I'm not joking."
I shivered. "When will you be calling them?" I asked.
"We will call them in about a couple of hours. They need to feel depress by the time I call them." He said. "But for now, rest up. We don't want you to be tired when we call them." As he put the blindfold on. "Now sit tight and relax!"