Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Mike’s POV

          Chester was showering. They’d been hanging out for the entire day once again. It was late at night. Around ten. They’d hung out in the park for a while and then Mike had attempted to show Chester how to shoot baskets at the courts. Chester hadn’t agreed to it but Brad and Dave had showed up with a ball and convinced them to play. Chester hadn’t been too bad but Mike knew sports were not Chester’s favorite thing. He was lounging on the couch. Chester took fucking long showers. And then his phone was ringing.

          “Yea?” he said as he answered it.

          “MICHAEL KENJI SHINODA! YOU BETTER HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS!” Mike froze. At first he thought it was Dave goofing around but then he realized it was his dad.

          “Wait….what?” Mike asked. He was shaking already. He slowly got up and started walking around the house.

          “WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU DOING IN THOSE PICTURES ON FACEBOOK?”

          “I-what? Dad you know I don’t go on Facebook anymore,” Mike said. He actually wasn’t sure if his dad knew that or not.

          “WELL YOUR FRIENDS CERTAINLY DO. PLEASE TELL ME YOU WERE ACTING OR SOMETHING?”

          “Acting what?” Mike was totally confused.

          “YOU’RE KISSING ANOTHER BOY?!”

          Mike swallowed. What did he say to that? Was his dad angry or just surprised? Would he care?

          “I….yea. Yea I was. And you’d know that if you were around ever! You don’t know a fucking thing about my life! And that’s your fault not mine!”

          “I’M GLAD WE ONLY HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOU FOR ONE MORE YEAR!” his father said and Mike’s eyes watered. This was it. It was all over. He was in the same position as Chester now.

          “W-what……..” Mike managed.

          “THERE’S NO WAY WE’RE COMING BACK NOW MICHAEL! I CAN’T BELIEVE MY OWN SON IS A FAG! I THOUGHT I RAISED YOU RIGHT!”

          “Fucking what!? You fucking raised me? Yea fucking right! You were gone ever since I was old enough to stay at home by myself. You didn’t give a fuck what I did! I skipped school for a week with Dave one time but you didn’t know!”

          “It’s embarrassing. Your mother broke down when she saw you and that fag kissing. Who is that anyway?”

          “He’s not a fag,” Mike said through his tears, “He’s the most perfect person in the world.”