Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Mike’s POV

          School was passing quickly. They were already on midwinter break. He was happy for that. As soon as school was over, Dave was going to send in their songs to see if they could get signed. That would be really cool in Mike’s opinion. Chester was sitting on his couch curled up in a hoodie and sweat pants. He had been sleeping forever. He shifted in his sleep and Mike rubbed his arm comfortingly.

          Chester coughed in his sleep, “Get o-off.”

          Mike pulled Chester’s small body into his lap and held him against his chest. Chester grabbed onto him like he always did. Chester’s night terrors always woke him up in the middle of the night. And yes, it was starting to annoy him a little. He could never get a full night’s sleep. But he looked down at the boy curled up in his lap and knew it was all worth it. He cared so much about Chester.

          Chester coughed again, “Mike.”

          “Wake up Chazzy,” Mike whispered. Chester slowly opened his eyes and looked at him. Mike could tell something was up. He leaned forward and pressed his cheek against Chester’s forehead.

          “You’re hot,” Mike said and Chester smirked at him.

          “Thank you. I find you very attractive too.”

          “Not that kind of hot. I mean, you have a fever,” Mike said quietly and Chester sniffed before coughing again. Chester was sick. There went his winter break.

          “It’s alright Mikey……you can go play if you want…..I’ve taken care of myself before,” Chester muttered and Mike smiled down at him.

          “You know I won’t leave you,” Mike said rubbing Chester’s hair affectionately. Chester nuzzled his face into his neck.

          “I don’t want to get you sick Mike,” he murmured.

          “I won’t get sick.”

          “Ok then.”

          “Now lay down,” Mike said with a smile as he lifted Chester off his lap and then laid him back on the couch, “I’m going to get you a blanket.”

          “Mmmm. Mike, I’m hot.”

          “I know you are.”

          “Not that kind of hot. I don’t need a blanket.”

          “Yes you do. Now stop complaining and let me take care of you,” Mike said and Chester sighed but let Mike leave the room. Mike went to his room and then texted Dave.