VLAD

"I forgot about the suits." I heard Luka grumble as he slipped on his jacket.

"It's a ball for the princess. At least it isn't some masquerade party themed." I told him sitting down. I was ready and since me and Luka were sharing a room I was at least waiting for him.

"Do you think your mate is here?" He asked fidgeting with his tie.

"If I'm honest?" I paused thinking about that girl that had puke on her. I wasn't sure who she was yet but the feeling of being drawn to her, even the memory, I knew she might be my mate.

"Why would you lie?"

"That woman, princess, we didn't get a chance to meet because of the puke thing... my wolf wanted to go after her." I told him, and he gave me a shocked look.

"At least you didn't go after her while she showered and changed from the puke. That could have been awkward." He laughed lightly, and I looked over his face and saw he was slightly carefree.

"I just want to know her name and which country she is from." I said and rubbed my hands together.

"Then let's get down there and see." He told me, and I stood up noticing how he was done.

We walked side by side. I knocked on Dimitri and Ivan's door before shouting that we would meet them down there and then walked towards the other set of stairs.

Keeping my brother by my side we walked into the room filled with other Alpha's king and queens, princes and princesses and my eyes were searching for only one. After 15 minutes of looking for her I heard the King Alpha of the US announce his daughter. I turned and clapped out of respect as she came into the room with a pink shade of dress with shiny stuff and it poofing out just a bit. She looked nice I had to admit but it was who moved into the room steps after that that caught my attention.

The woman I thought was a princess had a cord going into her ear. She had a beautiful dress on, but she was some sort of security. The bottom was long, flowing instead of poufy, and the top was white, some sort of halter top but it left the middle of her chest exposed from her neck to her navel.

"Isn't that-" I heard Luka start and I nodded cutting him off from the rest of his words. "So, she's an enforcer?" He asked, and I looked at him. "That's a great honor... especially for females. And to protect the Princess of her country? She must be very good." He added and smiled. "So, is she yours?"

"She hasn't looked at me yet." I said willing her to scan the room and look at me. But she didn't. She started walking towards a man who had a very pregnant female on his arm and then pulled him down before whispering in his ear. I suppressed a growl and moved forward until she was almost in front of me before she walked towards the back. I knew Luka was following me but a lot slower. I pushed through people politely following her until she was talking with the Prince of the US Packs. He was holding his son and his wife slash mate was smiling.

The man eventually handed over his son and whisked his mate towards the dance floor. She was holding the boy as if he had just puked on her again. "You got that kid?" I caught the end of her little speech and got close enough that she looked up right away and pulled him in close to her chest as if to protect him.

Once our eyes met my theory was confirmed. She was mine and the baby started crying dragging her eyes from me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hold you so tight... shhhh Sebastian." She cooed turning him over her shoulder and rubbing his back. A vision of her cooing to our child flashed through my mind and I moved closer and held out my hand. "I sort of promised that I would hold him until his parents had their dance." She said and shushed him before patting his butt lightly and he started to calm down.