VLAD

BOOK 2 IS BEING UPDATED UNTIL COMPLETE ON THIS APP. IT IS FREE, AND HAS ALMOST DAILY UPDATES, SOMETIMES 2 UPDATES IN ONE DAY.

I pulled Patty along with me as we went through the back way. I could still faintly smell her like she had come through here just a couple hours ago, and maybe she did before the party. She stayed beside me, rather than trailing behind me, pushing her way through her own bushes like I was doing and when we got to the cottage, I had to admit. I loved it.

Maybe as a mating present I will have one made out near the palace in Russia. So, she can have a little place like home in the big unknown of my country.

It would make her love me... right? She started to pull me along as we got closer, she moved a rock and I frowned at the technology. She placed her thumb on the small pad and I heard the locks undo right away. She smiled up at me, almost like she was shy before pushing the door open.

"So only you and Princess Ariel can come in."

"And her parents." She added with a nod. She walked in first and I just behind her. I was hit with her scent and Ariel's but hers made me feel right at home. I relaxed when the door closed automatically behind me and locked again. It was a safe little cottage.

"I did not think that it would look like this in here." I looked around, the hard wood floors, the white lace trim on one door with other pictures lining the walls and a long table with some house plants as well.

"What did you think it would look like?" She asked me and moved to take care of her hair. I saw two or three things fall to the floor after she shook her hair. "You can put your things in here." She moved to the door without the white lace, pushing it open I saw a full-sized bed pushed against het back wall, facing the door and away from the one window. The red and grey comforter looked soft and her four pillows were all plush and like mine were back home. "I am going to get out of this dress." She told me as she walked in, going for her dresser that was simple cedar wood.

I saw shorts and a tank top go into her hand as she then sent me a smile as she went into the small bathroom. I took off my shoes and set them by my bag as I went to sit on the bed. I stood back up as I waited and took off my jacket and took off my cufflinks before going towards her dresser before setting them down.

I felt the box in my pants. Taking it out I flipped it in my hands before going back to sit down. I heard the lock unclick and I turned to watch her stroll out. Her little shorts had my mouth going dry. I saw a jagged scar on her calf and I frowned.

"What happened there?" I asked, and she looked down at it before to me and I saw her take a breath.

"My fourth mission as a captain. One of my guys... he was in a bind. I am a great shot with a gun... but my gun was out of ammo, I had tactical gear all over, so I couldn't just shift, I ran to help him. He was going to die. He almost did die. I kicked a wolf in the face, his teeth scraped me, and he had some kind of silver in his mouth, like a tooth or something. Stung more than anything. Had a hell of a time healing." I watched her skip over some other parts of the story, but I watched as she shrugged off the pain. "What about you? Any scars?"

"A couple minor ones." I watched her come closer and she sat with me on the bed, pushing at her hair a bit and I just turned to her. "This... is for you." I held out the ring box and she looked at the black velvet before meeting my eyes. "I brought this with me because I had a feeling I would need it for the mate I would meet."

"I don't need a ring Vlad." She took it anyway. "I don't like flashy diamonds." She looked at the box, twirling it around her hands before she opened it. "This is actually perfect." She laughed lightly, and I saw her eyes light up just a bit as she took out the plain band. "Your mothers?" She asked me, and I nodded.