Chapter 20 The Biggest Sleepover Ever

Lena's POV:

Dumbledore sent us all to the Great Hall, then sent the other houses to join us. They all looked confused, no one but us really knew what was going on.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Dumbledore told us as Professor Mcgonagall and Flitwick closed the doors to the halls. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want all the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I'm leaving the Head boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately. Send world with one of the ghosts." Thank gods I'm not a prefect or a Head Girl. I would love to help with the search, but I know that Dumbledore would never allow me to help.

Dumbledore waved his hand and the tables flew to the edge of the hall and stacked themselves. With another wave of his hand, purple sleeping bags covered the floor.

After all of the teachers were gone, Gryffindor students started to talk to other house students and tell them what happened.

"Thank god you're okay." Cedric came up behind me. "I was worried when I heard what happened."

"Aren't you a prefect?" I asked him. "That means that you should be at your post. Also, I have more experience that everyone here with fights, I would be able to take on a maniac."

"I know that you are able to protect yourself, but that doesn't make it any less worrisome for me. I'm still going to worry about you. Get used to it."

"I won't be getting used to it anytime soon, but thank you. Now...get to your post." I say, playfully pushing him away.

"Why did you do that?" I turn and see Olivia and Jamie behind me. "He was being cute."

"He needs to go to his post and watch over everyone else. I can watch over myself." I remembered that they don't know that I'm a demigod. "How much of that conversation did you hear anyway?"

"Not much, only that he's always going to worry about you. That's way too cute!" Olivia squealed, jumping up and down, drawing the attention of others towards us.
"Would you stop." I place my hands on her shoulders to stop her from jumping, making sure to be careful of her arm which is stuck in a sling. "You should be careful of broken bones. I know a few people who have broken bones before. You shouldn't be jumping up and down."

"It's fine. I didn't break my leg, only my arm." I shake my head in disbelief at her not caring.

"She's right," Jamie sided with me. Thank the gods. Maybe she'll see reason then. "Anyway, I think it's time for us to get into our sleeping bags."
Jamie was right, seeing the prefects going around, telling people to get into the sleeping bags and stop talking.

I layed down next to Jamie and Olivia. Olivia kept on tossing and turning in her sleep. Jamie on the other hand fell asleep right away. Me? I couldn't close my eyes, I would try, but every time I would think about the battle to come. If I do survive this coming one, I'll be apart of the one that'll eventually happen with Harry, because let's be honest. There will be a final battle. There always is.

"Any sign of him, Professor?" I heard Percy ask a different person when the sound of footsteps started to get closer.

"No. All well here?"
"Everything under control, sir."

"Good. There's no point moving them all now. I've found a temporary guardian for the Gryffindor portrait hole. You'll be able to move them back in tomorrow."
"And the Fat Lady, sir?"

"Hiding in a map of Argyllshire on the second floor. Apparently she refused to let black in without the password, so he attacked. She's still very distressed, but once she's calmed down, I'll have Mr. Filch restore her." Poor woman, or portrait, or whatever she is.