Chapter 8

Saito's P.O.V.

Guille started

"It was a long time ago when our descendants who build this town was stricken with severe snow. All of the food and water supply are very hard to find in the thick snow. It wasn't like that before. The town of Iroha was actually a brilliant place for people. Everyone was happy living their lives in peace and harmony. Even the outsiders are welcomed warmly. But because of the snow the people rarely saw the sun again. People are dying in hunger and cold. My great-great-great-great grandfather doesn't know what to do. He tried many ways to survive the snow but it seemed that it will last for eternity.

Finally he discovered a way to bring spring back to village. He read one old book that contains a story of an old legend about a living deity in the highest mountain ahead of our place. In desperation he quickly headed towards the mountain encountering blizzards and extreme cold.

My grandfather couldn't give up. His only hope is to bring back the smiles of his dear family and friends again. Reaching the peak of the mountain he discovered a cave. He entered the place. He was surprised because inside the cave it was warm. The cave goes deeper. At the center he found a small hut. He made himself in. He found a small young girl sitting alone. With hair white as snow and eyes clear as water.

He begged for help 'Please help us' the girl replied 'What is your true desire?' she looked at my grandfather with eyes piercing inside of him.

'My only desire is to bring back the happiness of my beloved ones' he replied to her. 'I can see strong will and purity in your eyes. I shall help you and your town. But promise me that everyone should have a desire that they wish truly in their hearts'. 'Yes' after that one word my grandfather collapsed.

The day after that the villagers all woke up to find spring back again. It was like magic. They saw my grandfather lying on the ground holding a mirror in his arms.

My village doesn't know magic before then. So they treated the deity and the mirror that grandfather hold as sacred and she was considered as our patron.

After many generations passed, the people of this place all have desires to wish and have innocence like children. Tourist soon visited our town to wish to our diety."

"And that's the story." he ended.

We all have serious faces. I can see Louise frowning like crazy. Haha, she's thinking deeply. Pouting with cheeks like a squirell. It's not like her to frown. The others are like that too.

"But what about you and Felicima?" I asked him.

"Oh of course I almost forgot. Sigh....Felicima could you explain to them about our situation."

"Yes. It was all because of a doing of a visitor we have a few weeks ago. It was a boy of your age. At first we are suspicious of him but he said that he are just here to examine about magic. So we accepted him." she told us.

"So the culprit was a mage like us" Kirche said.

"We don't know for sure" Louise said to Kirche.

"He told us that he would leave that day. But we didn't expect that he would enter the cave of our shrine without us noticing. Visitors and tourist are welcome to see and pray for our shrine but they are forbidden to enter" Felicima continued.

Oh. So they also have shrine here in this world huh? I thought that they only believe in magic but some of them also believes in gods. It's like where I came from, Earth.

"So what did he do after that?" I asked Felice.

"At first we thought that he was here to steal the mirror of our shrine but he didn't, instead he made a wish. We do not know what is that but in our shrine if you make a wish that is not truly what your heart desire something bad may happen. After that we can't find him again." she said.

"So the bad thing that happened was that the people in this town turned into children. Am I correct?" Louise asked her with a look of 'i am sure that i'm correct'.

"Yes." Felice agreed to her and smiled. Wow she really looks cute when she smiles.

Oops. Louise's looking at me with those suspicious eyes. Better be careful.

"So it can be added that the missing people are also part of this?" Kirche guessed.

"We can't be sure but it may be the cause." Tabitha replied to her.

"So we are happy that you are all here to help us. We are not skilled with magic so I hope that you can solve this." Guille told us. He stood up and bowed.

"I will be your guide to the shrine in the mountain" Felice said.

"Then let's go!" I cheered the group.

Then we followed Felice again.