Chapter 2

"Listen up you worthless souls" Zenix yelled as he looked at his group of five shadow knights, that included Zane and Vylad with three more knights. "We were ordered to attack a nearby village, Gene and his own group will circle around back and distract the guards while we attack. No mercy", he snarled at the last line.

"Burn buildings, destroyed, steal, kill I don't care. We are gonna wipe this pathetic village off the map. Understood" he said. Everyone replied with a loud Yes sir, "Good and Vylad, I hope you pull your weight, I need Zane for a very important job" he said as he shot a glare at the green knight. "I'll try" Vylad said silently making the knights around him laugh, "Zane you and me are gonna attack the knights from behind, even Gene will need help" Zenix said earning a nod from Zane.

"Good we attack at moonlight, get rest and get yourself prepared" Zenix said dismissing the group with a snap of his fingers.

In another area in the nether Gene has dismissed his own group long ago, his group is mostly made out of senior and high class shadow knights. They don't need much explaining like the younger ones, he likes that. He was never a big fan of explaining things or even talking much.

"Everything better go well"

"I promise you my Lord things will go greatly, tonight is the no moon" Gene said as he looked into the dark corner of the large chamber he was standing in. A low snarl was heard as two dark violet eyes stared at him, those eyes still ended up sending a shiver down his spine.

"It better, I'm STARVING"

"Don't worry sire, I picked out the most experience and powerful shadow knights, those who haven't lost a raid yet" Gene reassured, "Fail and you'll face the consequences" he snarled. Gene gave a silent sigh of relief as those eyes stop looking at him, a loud shuffling noise was heard but soon became silent. "Don't fail Gene" Shad said with a snarl as his dismissed the general.

Once Gene was out of that room and he leaned against the wall and sighed in relief. Most of the pressure has been lifted off his shoulders but if he does fail, he'll have to say goodbye to his soul.

He'll have to look over the plan with Zenix again before going anyway, just to be on the safe side

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The no moon was a time to be wary, by this time attacks on villages or cities in the country rise as the Shadow knights use the darkness to appear and disappear without a trace.

How they do it, no one knows

No one has been able to unmask and capture a shadow knight

"Are you sure you should be here my lord" a captain asked Garroth who sighed, he joined the knights to try to make a difference not be babied by his own superiors and allies, his mother does that enough anyway.

"I will be here and I will fight for my country" Garroth said harshly making Daisy snort and toss her head making the rider loss his balance for a few seconds, dang horse. "I respect your decision but when things get rough you have my full permission to flee, you are our prince and we need a heir to take the throne", Garroth let out a long sigh.

"Yes sir"

"Now go to your post"

Garroth said nothing as he made his horse move forward as he went to where he was stationed outside a large meif'wa village, why this village out of hundreds. Well this village is a large trading town where they get most of their resources from, this village was important to the kingdom. Though garroth didn't know what trade item they this village produces it might be a lot of valuable items for the knights to come and protect this village.