Chapter 4

The overworld was a place Zane hated to visit, he spend most of his life in the nether and to place that faces no hardship unlike his shadow knights is enraging. Phoenix drop was under the protect of Irene's power, Zane had heard rumors of creatures outside the country that appear at night. Walking corpses, skeletons, monsters of all shapes and sizes. The impossible, for this kingdom has not seen creatures like those in all it's life time.

What a shame, the only enemy they have is each other. No wonder Zane likes burning their pathetic villages, he knows someone else will do it anyway.

The shadow knights sighed deeply making Eclipse gently nip at his hair, "These overworlders don't know how lucky they are Eclipse" Zane said running his hand through the mare's man. The horse sighed and nuzzled her rider, Zane sighed as well. "Come along, we must not be late" he said climbing into the saddle and riding off back to the nether portals, Zane unlike Vylad was how do I saw this, raised differently.

The moon god had taken a liking to him when he first arrived and for that reason is why he keeps an eye on him, Moon knows how important Zane is. He needs to keep him loyal to him and the shadow knights or else everything will fail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the castle Dante was busy doing his regular chores, one of them involved giving his stallion, Author, a bath. Being a white stallion made him get dirty easily and being the prick he was he would freak out if he got the slightest dirty, he acts like a princess, this horse is weirder the Daisy.

"Dante" Garroth whispered making the blue haired knight look at him, "dude can you keep secret", "Umm depends though" Dante said getting really weirded out by this conversation. "Okay okay so I'm gonna do something and I know your gonna yell at me but hear me out first" Garroth said making Dante more confused, "Okay I may or may not have found my long lost brother and I need you to distract the guards for me". Though he knew it was rude Dante couldn't help but laugh at the statement, "Garroth please tell me you aren't on anything, that's just crazy".

"Dante I am completely sober and drug free, do you really not believe me" Garroth half whispered and yelled, "it's kinda hard to right now" Dante said while Author snorted annoyed his bath was being interrupted by this nonsense. "Garroth I need to finish taking Author a bath, we having training in a few hours" he said grabbing the bucket of water next to him and splashing it on the horse, Garroth crossed his arms making Dante sigh. "Fine but only if I get to met this person after, I'm still your guard" Dante said. Garroth smiled widely, "Thank you Dante". The blue knight rolled his eyes and shoved the empty bucket into his arms, "Now go get me more water".

~~~~~~~~~

"He said yes" Garroth said going back to Vylad's hiding place, "Garroth is this a good idea" Vylad asked getting a little skeptical. He's confident in his stealth skills but not that confident, he can't sneak into a castle everyone knows he's a shadow knight it's not hard to tell. "Come on trust me" Garroth said as he looked back at Dante, the blue knight was still unsure about doing this but this is Garroth were talking about he can be unpredictable and smuggling a stranger into the castle isn't the weirdest thing he's done for him. He's done worse much worse.

"Dante", the knight practically jumped five feet in the air. "I umm Queen Zianna, I didn't see you there" Dante said as he stopped drying Author. Zianna chuckled lightly, "No need to be scared, I won't tell anyone you were daydreaming again" she said making Dante blush lightly. "Have you seen Garroth, I saw that Daisy was in her stable so I assumed he was with you" she asked, "I thought he was with you" Dante said making her shake her head. Lying to the Queen could get him kicked out of the knights, o god why did he agree to this.

"Dante are you okay, you look a little pale" Zianna asked, "I umm well you see". Before Dante could make up an excuse Author reared up startling both of them as the white stallion snorted before he kicked the bucket with his hind legs making Zianna yell as she was splashed with water. "O god I'm so sorry" Dante yelled quickly panicking as Author snorted and pulled at the rope that bound him to the fence post, the commotion seemed to attract attention from both guards and trainees.