Chapter 5

"Zane you are need" Gene said to the shadow knight who was fixing his equipment, "Where exactly am I needed" Zane asked sheathing his sword. "Shad has summoned you to the mirror chamber", Zane didn't say anything more and talk away. Gene watched him leave before sighing, he knew that it was an emergency by the tone Shad used. Vylad has disappeared yet Gene expected this greatly, Vylad wasn't the best shadow knight not to mention his past was a big part of the reason. Gene's powers in memory manipulation are strong but not that strong, something isn't right and he knows it involves his royal blood.

Zane has arrived at his destination, he took a deep breath before pushing the two double doors open. He looked into the dark room, only red stone torches barley shone in the pitch black darkness, a large white mirror could be seen in the very back of the room.

"Close the door boy", Zane didn't think twice as he walked in and closed the door. Once those doors slammed behind him, he was left in pitch black darkness the torches not doing their job. "You both called" Zane said his voice calm and mellow as a pair of dark purple eyes stared at him from the darkness, "No I did, walk closer to the mirror Zane. It's been a while since we spoke". Zane nodded and walked up to the mirror in the back of the room, it was a little lighter here then by the doors, "I have some concern on your brother Vylad", Zane rolled his eyes at the mention of the green shadow knight. "What did he get himself into this time" Zane said slightly annoyed, "This is a chance we could use and Zane I need you to do something for me or should I say Major Zane".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good evening Prince Garroth, Vylad"

"Good evening Susan" Garroth said as Vylad just waved awkwardly, only one day here and people are already calling him prince. Kinda weird and well awkward for him, "You'll get used to it" Garroth said putting an arm around Vylad who mumbled something quietly "Whats wrong" Garroth asked as Vylad sighed deeply, not only is he worried about the shadow knights finding him, he's worried about Zane. What if they hurt him or when he finds out he'll hate him more than he already does. "Nothing, I just need some time to adjust this all pretty weird" Vylad said making Garroth nod understanding what he meant.

"Do you want me to take you to your room" Garroth offered, "No no, I'm okay you go back to what you were doing" Vylad said. Garroth sighed and hugged him, "I'm here for you okay alright" he said softly. Vylad pulled back, "I know and you never seem to allow me to forget, have fun on whatever you were doing" he said walking away leaving Garroth to wonder if Vylad was thinking of this Zane person. It would make sense, they are brothers. He needs to find a way to get to this Zane person and talk to him, Vylad said he was a shadow knight so he must be in the nether as well.

"Garroth my old friend how has it been", Garroth looked up to see Larrence walk up to him. "Laurance it's been months" Garroth said as both of them hugged, "I know, I didn't expect us to be gone for long but apparently we were gone longer they expected" he said pulling back. Laurance was a knight like Dante and was also a good friend to the Prince. All three of them trained with each other and were the best of friends, Laurance a few months ago was sent with a few knights to investigate a series of events happening with the wolves tribes it apparently was serious since it's been about five months.

"So what happened exactly" Garroth asked, "I prefer not to talk about since I just got back, maybe later" he said making Garroth chuckle. "Dude you wouldn't believe what happens when you were gone, okay first of all Dante may or may not have been forced to kiss that one girl knight", Laurance chuckled light, "I also may have found my brothers".

"Wait what" Laurance said a little confused, "They are both alive and may or may not be shadow knights".

".....double what"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Vylad sat on his bed just staring at the wall, his green scarf wrapped around his neck and covering his mouth, He was so used to his mask being on he had to do this for a while. It's only been a day and he feels like people just threw a big pile of knowledge on him, he also fears greatly for his life. Shad will know he's gone and he'll send someone to kill him or bring him back but he still is super worried about Zane. No matter what has gone between them, he still loves him as a brother, he can't just leave him behind.

Vylad all day has been thinking of excuses on why he was gone but he knows Gene and Zenix will never fall for his little white lies, he might as well figure out a way to get Zane to trust him and come along with him. It's pretty obvious that this place is better than the nether, no hardships and they can be with he hopes is actually their real family. Maybe he should think of something to say to Zane when he comes back, if he does. No that'll be impossible, Zane is strictly loyal to Shad and the others, he'll need more than just hey I found our family, let's ditch the people who raised us.

That was another question on his mind, did Shad really kidnapped them when they were young. That would explain why he can't remember anything, Gene has powers in memory manipulation and it apparently can work on a large group of people. He said he wiped the memory of his whole village before he died, wonder what happened. Vylad flinched and held his head feeling his migraines return, they been appearing more frequently now and he's scared this has something to do with Gene.

"You are troubled young one, yes"

Vylad looked up to see a bronze dragon standing by his window, Vylad stared at it with awe. It had a calm presence to it and Vylad swore he can see little particles of light float around it, "I...Who are you" he asked making the dragon look back outside. "I am many things, I am the earth, the sky but I am mostly known as the Sun the creator and god off all life" it said opening up withs wings stirring up the particles around it, " but Sun, he's a lion not a dragon and". The dragon hisses, "No, I am not that excuse of a divine warrior. I am Notch, god and creator of Minecraftia" he roared standing up to his full height. "But Lady Irene is the creator, I've never heard of you", "She is a coward and a traitor" Notch said with a growl as he was now face to face with Vylad.

"Son of earth, my land needs you. When the time is right you will follow the path of the rising sun, she might try to pressure to not listen to me but believe me when I say this. Do you really wanna live in a land like this, protected by her every single day and not to stand up for yourself. Hunt your own food, craft your own weapons, fight your own wars. Fight for your own rights"

"I-i"

"It is time to leave your Lady behind, if you depend on others for the rest of your life you'll never find your place in the world. Open your eyes, it's time to grow up child"

Vylad woke up with a gasp, he looked around to see that he feel asleep. The dragon was gone but he can faintly see the particles of light he had, he heard a loud roar in his head. Was he real and what does he mean by when the time is right, was there really another land beyond his own. He heard that the large mountains around his country made travel impossible, you can't fly over them because of the strong currents of wind. This dragon speaks of Lady Irene in a harsh way, like she's done something to him and the past. He also called him son of Earth, what does all of this mean. Vylad just laid back down and brought his scarf back over his mouth, he sighed deeply and waited for sleep to overtake him once more.

The green prince didn't notice the crow watching him from his window, the bird flew off cawing loudly startling the horses in the stables. The bird flew over the castle grounds and into a nearby forest, it scanned the trees below it before diving down and land on it's master outstretched arm. "What have you found out for me my lovely Shadow" Zenix said as he looked at the blue jewel around the birds neck, he took the gem into his hand gently. A smirk appear on his face, "So this is where you've run off to Vylad, I'm sure Shad will be pleased when he hears the news"

Zenix laughed, "Keep an eye on him Shadow". The crow flew off cawing, Zenix watched him fly off before looking at the kingdom below him, "How pitiful, souls just for the taking. Enjoy your lives now, you'll never know when you'll all become food for my god and as for you Vylad. We'll see to your punishment later"