Changes

*****
43- Changes

Fall

Trunks wanted to bang his head against the wall until it knocked him out. That, or strangle Eighteen until she could no longer breathe. But Eighteen was on Saibogu, and the wall was closer.

"She has some nerve," Vegeta commented from his seat at his desk.

"She doesn't have nerve, she's brazen," Trunks grumbled.

"Who is?" Pan said as she walked into the study.

Trunks jumped up and instantly took the tray she was carrying away from her. "You should have gotten someone to carry that."

"Trunks, I'm fine," she smiled at him. "I thought you and Appa could use something to drink since you've been stuck in here for the last several hours. I feel guilty," she frowned. "I know a lot of them are about Frieza."

"Most of them," Vegeta nodded as Trunks sat the tray down. "But you have nothing to feel guilty about. Everyone just wants to meet you and make peace treaties, so it's a headache."

Pan pooched her lips out. "I don't think they would want to meet me. I'd just be a disappointment."

"No," Trunks shook his head as he handed her a cup. "You could never disappoint," he grinned. He retook his seat and pulled her down gently, so she was resting on his lap. "Eighteen messaged us too. She wants us to raid a planet nearby that mass produces steel. She wants control over it to help build her army. She says we owe her since the engagement fell apart."

Pan furrowed her brows together and frowned. "You owe her, but she disowned her daughter? That doesn't make much sense," she muttered.

"She's always been that way," Vegeta let out a huff. "A hypocrite if I ever saw one."

"And she wants you guys to raid a planet for her? That sounds a lot like Frieza," Pan said.

"Yeah, it does," Trunks rested his head against her arm. He shook his head slowly, "we won't do it again. We won't become someone's puppets- I refuse for us to," he looked up at his father. "We've got to change our reputation."

Vegeta frowned as his brows furrowed together profoundly. "We've worked under Frieza ever since I was a boy. How do you imagine we change that?"

Pan twitched, and Trunks glanced up at her. "What is it?"

"Huh?" Her eyes widened in surprise.

"You're thinking of something," he said. "What is it?"

Pan let out a sigh. "Well, I was thinking- Saiyans are strong and powerful, it's the reason Frieza used our people, right?"

"Right," Trunks said as Vegeta nodded. "But because we're strong and powerful, others now fear us."

"You should use that to your advantage, actually," Pan said. "Think about it; Frieza was just one creep. How many more out there are just like him, controlling poor planets and taking what's not theirs?" She stood up and placed her cup down. "I think to start, we should try to make amends with the planets that we've raided. At least all the planets we can. Help them thrive again, and others will see our effort," she smiled. "We need to be a race that will be there for others, and they, in turn, will be there for us- I know they will."

A chime ran through the castle to signal the hour, and Pan let out a gasp. "Oh, no! I promised Bulla I'd go shopping with her!" She leaned over and kissed Trunks. "Don't stress too much," she told him softly. "Whatever you decide, I know it will be what's best."

Trunks watched her leave. His face was warm as he smiled. He really got lucky with her.

"You know," Vegeta spoke up. "She has a really good idea."