Chapter Three

"Me? The princess of Gandra? I do not believe you!" Magica yelled.

"It is true. Do you want proof? Here," the ShadowMaster shot back. The world around Magica faded away and was replaced by new scene.

Magica was in large room. On one side of the room was a wide set of intricately carved, wooden doors placed in the centre of a white wall. Across from the doors was a massive, stone-framed bed. With blood-red covers and fluffy white pillows, the bed had definitely made for royalty. In the bed lay a beautiful woman with jet-black hair and pale skin. Her eyes were closed.

Magica looked around. There was not much else in the room. In one corner, left of the bed was a stone fireplace. Red flames licked the black wood, illuminating the room with a warm glow. In front of the fire was a comfortable-looking chair. It had a fancy wood frame and red cushions with gold trimmings. On the other side of the room was a wooden dresser like no other she had ever seen before. It had unique designs carved into the long drawers. The handles were made of gold.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come," the woman said, her lips barely moving. A tall man walked into the room. He had sharp, blue eyes, a long, pointed nose and thin, pale lips. He had skin the colour of snow and no hair.

"It is so cold in here," he said, moving to the round window above the dresser, and closing it.

"Winston, can you do me a favour?" the woman whispered.

"Of course your Majesty," Winston said. "Anything."

"Please, you know I do not like you calling me that," the woman said.

"Sorry your-" Winston cleared his throat. "Dominique."

"Thank you Winston."

Winston nodded slightly.

"What do you want me to do?" he asked.

"I am dying, Winston. When I am dead I will have no successor, for my daughter is too young. Please Winston, take Magica away from this kingdom. I do not want her to have to deal with the events that will surely happen in my absence. Not yet.

"Hide Magica for me. Keep her safe. When she is old enough she can take the throne of Gandra," Dominique whispered.

Magica was shocked. Had she heard the queen right? Had she really called her daughter Magica? Magica knew her parents were dead. Was the queen really her mother? Was she the princess of Gandra?