Chapter Seven

"Magica, come out. I know you are there. Come to me, my beautiful daughter," the queen said in a soft, strong voice. Magica started crawling out from under the bed.

"Magica, stop! You do not know you can trust her!" Drago warned.

"She is my mother, Drago," Magica said. "I know I can trust her."

Magica stood up and looked at her mother. The queen's eyes filled with tears. She smiled and hugged Magica.

"Oh my sweet child. I am sorry for what I put you through," she whispered. Magica was speechless.

The queen looked behind Magica.

"Who is this?" she asked, gesturing to Drago, who had come out from under the bed.

"This is Drago," Magica explained. "He is helping me take back the throne."

The queen's look darkened.

"Magica you must listen," she said. "You must be the light in the dark. You must lead Gandra through the dark times to come.

"I did not die from a sickness. I was poisoned by the ShadowMaster. Only one other person knew. Winston. But I wanted him to tell the kingdom I was sick.

"I know this because I can see the future, as can you Magica. You have travelled back in time. The rock you took shelter under was a TimeStone. I know. I put it there, knowing that you would seek shelter under it.

"In this time you do not exist. I could not give you this knowledge so I placed the TimeStone, to teleport you here so I could.

"Magica, you must take back the throne and quickly. Use your magic to summon a dragon. Once summoned, the dragon must do your bidding.

"You must go now. I will send you back to your time. Summon the dragon. Take back the throne. I will send you back now.

"No!" Magica cried. "I do not want to leave you."

"You must," the queen said, embracing her. "For only you, my angel, can lead Gandra through the dark. Gandra is in an eternal night because of the ShadowMaster. You must be Gandra's sun. Send the evil back to shadow. Goodbye my beautiful daughter, my Magica. Now close your eyes and count to ten."

Magica hugged her mother once more.

"Goodbye," she said and then she closed her eyes and counted to ten. Drago did the same. When they opened their eyes, they were back at the TimeStone.

"Come on," Magica sobbed.

❇❇❇

When dawn came, Magica decided it was time to summon a dragon.

"Do you know how?" Drago asked.

"I think so." Magica smiled. She

"Come forth," she shouted. "Come out of shadows."

She paused then added, "Mist and Magic reveal to me... Sapphire."

It had just come to her. The name of the dragon. She did not how. She just knew that the dragon, Sapphire, was the one for her.

Suddenly a gust of wind brought a film of mist so that Magica and Drago could not see anything.

When the mist cleared, a large, blue dragon stood before them.

"I am Sapphire," it said.