Dawn

Sometimes it's not the butterflies
that tell you you're in love,
but the pain.
c.

Jeon Jungkook
Prologue

1 month ago, before everything gets out of hand.

Jungkook was running late to his first class as he was hurriedly rummaging the things inside his locker to find the needed notes and books for his Calculus class.

He closed his locker with a loud bang when he took all of the things he needs. He hurriedly run his way to his class but failing to see the girl walking in front of him as they crashed to each other.

Thanks to Jungkook fast reflexes, he quickly wrapped his hands to her waist so that she won't fall to the ground. He catches her as their eyes finally meet.

"Kim Yeri."
He was shocked and quickly pulled his hands away from her.

"Jeon Jungkook."
She was also surprised to see him and what was he doing here? The first class started 15 minutes ago.

"I'm so sorry, I was not looking my way."
He said as he crouched down to picked her books that has been scattered on the floor.

"Don't tell me Jungkook-sshi, you overslept?"
Jungkook can only nod at her as he stand up to give her the books.

"Thanks."
She smiled accepting it.

"I'm sorry again, Yeri-sshi."
The girl shakes her head though she smiled looking at Jungkook's eyes.

"It's fine. But be careful next time, Jeon."
She smiled at him one last time before she started to walk again.

Jungkook can only watched her back. Yeri and him met when their professor partnered the both of them in a science project way back sophomore year.

They were classmates last year and they both needed to acquaintance each other because of that science subject.

But they are still not friends.

Suddenly his phone rang, getting him out from his reverie. He accepted Jimin's call.

"Where are you? Lisa bombarded me so many questions already, asking me why you're not still in class?"
By hearing this, Jungkook started to run again.

"Tell her, I'm on my way."
He end the call as he keep on running but the girl never left his mind.

Kim Yeri. Seemingly, she's the perfect epitome of Jungkook's ideal girl. Cause you see? She is smart, pretty, popular, part of the student council, active at sports, rich, nice to talk to and undeniably hot. Yeri perfectly fits his ideal type.

And apparently that's when Jungkook started to commit his sins. That's when things started to messed up.
That little accident turned into a bigger one.

Dawn lined the horizon in a faint yellow as Jungkook woke up from the cool air that has been coming from his open window and curtain.

Beside his window is a study table as he looked at the picture of him and Jimin that has been put in a photo frame. They were smiling in it and surely looks happy. Jungkook treasured it, every moments with him.

He was about to stand up but a pair of hands glide its way to his waist.
"Good morning, handsome. It still too early, let's sleep more."
Her hot breath fanning his bare shoulder.

And it dawned to him the mistakes he regretfully did. He wanted to stop but at the same time he have reasons to not to.

"Yeri, you should be going home now. You know that Jimin and my girlfriend comes here every morning."
She groaned getting up but pulling the sheets with her to cover herself.

"Why won't you just break up with her? You've been cheating with her for this past few weeks Jungkook, when you decided to flirt with me and took me to your goddamn bed."
Yeri irritatedly said those to him as she hurriedly put her clothes back at her.

"I love Lisa."
Yeri scoffed at him.

"Well that is bullshit cause as fas as I know? You fucking crave me, Jungkook."
Jungkook stand up also as he wear his boxer on and walked his way to her.

"Yeri, you're the one who flirted with me first. I even said that I have a girlfriend but you still kissed me, so you don't have the rights to tell me when to break up with my girl."
Jungkook smiled caressing her soft smooth cheeks. The girl slapped his hands away at her as she smirked at him.

"You're probably right, but I want you and what Yeri wants? Yeri gets."
Jungkook gaze became dark this time while looking at his ideal girl.

"I was intoxicated, Yeri!--"

"NO!!! I'll make sure that you'll break up with her soon."
She lastly said those words before she turned her back at him. Completely leaving him alone at his darkened room.

Angered bolted in his veins as he strongly punched the wall. He punch it until his fist went numb from the pain.

"Fuck. Why do I always end up messing everything?"
His hands and knuckles were throbbing in pain but he can't feel anything.

He plopped down in a chair and his trembling hands went to his face to cover the tears rolling down to his cheeks. It came without a warning as he muffled his sobbed.

"I love her. I love her. God I love her so much."
And it hurts.

He heard the door open and a light coming from his living room brightened his dark messy room.
"Kook, you okay?"
He looked up at his bestfriend and Jimin was smiling sadly at him.

"You're early today."
He roughly wiped his tears as he bravely smiled to Jimin.

"I'm early because it's Lisa's birthday, we need to surprised her before she comes here. Do you get anything for her?"
Jimin sat beside his bestfriend as he smiled while talking about her. Jungkook can only stare at his smiling bestfriend and it also made him smile.

"Of course, why would I forget?"
Jungkook stand up as he get something from his drawer. He showed the red velvet box to Jimin.

"Ooohhh, you look like you're going to proposed or something."
Jimin teased his bestfriend as they both laughed.

"Anyway Kook, I met Yeri outside."
The smile in Jungkook lips faded as his jaw clenched looking at Jimin's calculating gaze.

"Well, I don't know about that. What was she doing in the neighborhood anyway?"
Jungkook shrugged as he tried to act nonchalantly. Jimin nods at his best friend's answer.

"Yeah, that was weird. She even glared at me. I tell you, that girl is scary."
Jungkook laughed at Jimin's comment.

"Forget about her, Chim. Let's just start to prepare for my girl's birthday."

"I agree."
Jimin went outside to let Jungkook shower first as he plopped down on the living room sofa. Thinking deeply for some acceptable reasons why Jungkook lied to him.

______________________

Soundtrack : I Need U - BTS ♪