A New Beginning

"Search the entire area! Find the emperor!" Jeremiah Gottwald was screaming orders.

"But, Jeremiah! There's no way Lelouch could have survived that attack. He's probably lying in an alley somewhere bleeding out..." Valletta Nu said. However, as she said it alarm flashed across her face. "Find him! " she yelled over the bustling of the soldiers going to get in their knightmares.

"Yes, Mrs. Valletta, Mr. Gottwald!" Valletta and Jeremiah then went to free the black knights.

"Kallen! Can you pilot the Guren S.E.I.T.E.N. and find his majesty?" Kallen looked torn for a moment. She looked to Ogie for permission, and he nodded.

"Yes, I will find Lelouch. Even if I have to search the entire world, I will find him for you. I shall not fail." A few moments later a voice could be heard resonating for a mile all around, "Guren S.E.I.T.E.N. Eight Elements, clear for launch"

Meanwhile, Lelouch and Suzaku were waking up in the same room in the new capital of Pendragon, which currently consisted of nothing but a new imperial palace and a few shabby houses built around it by those who actually supported Lelouch. A development plan was in progress, however, to build another magnificent city for Nunnally's reign. It wasn't until he woke up a bit more, that Lelouch realized that he and Suzaku were in the same bed, and in his sleeping state, Suzaku had cuddled up against his back.

Lelouch would have loved to stay there forever, however, he noticed the strange woman and his sister Nunnally off to the side. Blushing madly, he slipped off the bed, tried to stand, fell, and was caught by Phoenix. She set him back down on the bed. "Are you alright Lelouch?"

"Relatively? Okay... I mean, I could be dead. But generally, not so good."

"Hehe... I think we can all say that Lelouch" said Nunnally, Phoenix, and Suzaku, who had just woken up in time to hear Lelouch speak. Lelouch chuckled, smiling his first true smile in ages.

"How did we get to Pendragon so quickly? " he asked.

"Haha...my little secret. Nothing to worry about."

"Miss..."

"Phoenix, please," she said looking back at him as she had gone to get a chair.

"Phoenix... I was stabbed through the chest right? Why doesn't my chest hurt?"

"Do you want it to hurt?"

"No... but that doesn't answer my question."

"Well I have certain powers, I can do things, like order you to live... for example." At that moment the two masked figures came in the door with what looked like tea, cookies, and cake.

"Snacks, anyone? " one of them asked. "Lelouch? Nunnally? Suzaku?"

"Cookies and tea please! " said Nunnally.

"Come and get them, Nunnally," the masked figure said. Lelouch opened his mouth as if he was about to yell at the figure, when Nunnally suddenly jumped up from her chair and ran at the cloaked figure, who was now running around the room with a cookie, having thrown the tray he was carrying to Phoenix.

"Get back here! " laughed Nunnally, as she tackled the man to the ground, successfully obtaining the cookie. Phoenix, meanwhile, had taken the tray over to Suzaku and Lelouch and given then both some tea and cookies, deciding to save the cake for later. Nunnally was still paly-wrestling with the cloaked figure, whose mask was coming loose, it being simply tied around his head.

"Wait!," he shouted. But too late the mask had fallen.

"Rolo!?" Lelouch was dumbfounded. Rolo died saving him when the Black Knights turned against him after they found out about his Geass.