An Explanation Long Overdue

Sorry if the update took too long, heres the next chapter... :)
____________________________________
The next morning, everyone woke up to the sound of a crash outside the palace. Phoenix ran about, giving Suzaku the Zero mask and everyone else, white featureless masks, and black hooded cloaks. “It’s Kallen Kozuki!” she yelled.

“What!?” yelled Lelouch, stumbling out of his room, tripping over his own feet in his tiredness. “Why is she here? I thought you said she was searching the city?”

“She was, but now she’s here looking for you.”

“How do you know?” Suzaku shouted from his room. He was the last person ready, as he had to dress like Zero.

“Haven’t you heard enough from me to know not to ask? You already know how I know, I just do!” she shouted back.

“Ha! I suppose so,” he replied. At that, his door opened to reveal him in the Zero outfit, but without the mask which he then put on. “Let’s go,” he said.

Everyone went toward the palace doors to see Kallen. They were about to open the door when Phoenix said, “careful, she hasn’t left the Guren.” More careful this time, they opened the door to see the Guren simply standing there.

“Who are you? Remove your masks and cloaks!” commanded Kallen, from inside the Guren.

“No! We will not remove our masks!” Phoenix’s voice sounded from inside the manor. She walked out, facing down, with her hand on her face. “For we…” she said, reaching to unhook the clasp of her cloak, “are the knights of Nunnally!” She ripped the cloak off and beneath it was a full outfit similar to that of Zero’s, even with a mask but different. It was mostly white, with red, gold, and black as well. Kallen’s gasp could be heard from inside the Guren.

“Was that you making that announcement earlier?”

“Who did you think it was,” she replied sarcastically, “Valletta Nu?”

“What?” Within the Guren, Kallen’s mind was racing. Kallen was at the imperial palace, in the Guren, threatening in every sense of the word, and this woman had the nerve to joke? How did she have such confident audacity, in the face of certain danger? Who is she?  thought Kallen. Why is she dressed in such a way, like Zero?  “What is are your names, Knights Of Nunnally?” Kallen asked this hoping to get a better grip on who they were.

“Asahi,” the woman dressed like Zero said, gesturing to herself. “Spark, Ice, Zero, and Soul,” she said, gesturing to Lelouch, Rolo, Suzaku, and another man who had just come out of the castle, respectively.

“The Knights Of Nunnally, do you simply protect Nunnally?”

“Yes, Kallen, now if you will exit the Guren, you are rather threatening.

“Hell no! You all look pretty threatening yourselves.”

“Very well then, I shall be forced to destroy the Guren,” the woman sounded extremely confident.

Kallen’s thoughts once again were filled with questions. Should I be worried? Was the most prominent one. Then Phoenix walked back into the castle.

In a few mere moments of panic on Kallen’s part, a mostly gold and white knightmare, with black accents flew from behind the palace. The knightmare looked more advanced than any other Kallen had seen. Even Suzaku had never seen such an advanced knightmare. No one could recognize even a fragment of the technology on the knightmare, not even the float system was remotely familiar. The knightmare landed in front of the Guren, and the Phoenix’s voice sounded from the knightmare.

“Surrender Kallen, you can’t beat this knightmare. It’s the most advanced knightmare in the world.

“You act like you can beat the most skilled knightmare pilot in Britannia,” Kallen replied.