Chapter 2

Two

The hell is a sky dear? I think to myself. “Is that wait no, um no I haven’t heard of that.” I say looking him in his gorgeous brown eyes, “It is an animal that only comes out at night, and stars at the moon, very small, very rare. But I can only eat that, and drink the blood of it. It makes me stronger, And if I cannot find a sky dear then well of course I have to eat before I get weak, so I eat berries, and drink a mix of berry juice.” How particular, at least he seems a little human. “So what do you want to eat then? Berries? Or would you prefer to try a sky dear?”  He winks at me, I get the hint Patrick, and if I chose sky dear it would be raw. Ewe I think, “I think berries will do.” He laughs a little, “Alice, I will be back, I know where a berry bush is, it’s not that far. Don’t go anywhere OK?” I nod my head and I sit still. I watch him leave into the darkness, oh why must he be so attractive, so nice, so unique. Twenty minutes pass and my stomach starts to growl again, where is he. I think about his lips, how soft and moist they must be. He must know how bad I want to kiss him, but wouldn’t that be awkward, to kiss a creature? An angel. I start to hear rustlings not too far from me, “Who’s there? I’m warning you I…” before I can finish I get cut off “Alice calm down, it just me. I can feel what you feel remember so stop being frightened.”  Oh Patrick, how I wanted to punch him for making me worry for him to be in this forest, but I couldn’t take my eyes of the strawberries, blackberries and raspberries he had. My stomach begins to talk again, and I roll my eyes. He hands me a handful of berries that he kept in a bowl shape thing he said he made out of rock, and that was what took him so long. I start to scarf down the berries and my mouth and hands turns reddish, blue color from the raspberries and blackberries. “So Alice tell me about you “he says as he eats a strawberry. “ Well, let’s see, my name is Alice Amelia Westford, I am 21 years old. I’m plus size obviously, I love school because I love to learn. I keep to myself, nobody really notices me much. I love reading. Um.. I don’t know how I ended up in the fork in the road, I don’t fit in with many people, my family doesn’t really know I exist, and I love living life, but I don’t have much to live for.”  Well Alice that sounded so emo. I tell myself, “God has given a life to everyone because they need to fulfill a purpose in life. And I’m sure your family knows you exists but don’t feel welcome, Alice you need to open your heart.” He says in an angry tone. Then he lightens up. “Look, I honestly don’t see why you despise life so much. If I could I would want my life back.”  What does he mean? Isn’t he alive? Does his heart not beat? “I don’t understand Patrick.” I say softly “Are you not alive as we speak?” He smiles and says, “I’m very much alive. Although I do not have a heartbeat, my body fills with blood. I’m warm, and I breathe. But if I had to be six feet under again, I would be able to survive for months until I would get weak from not eating or drinking.”  Wow, that’s amazing I mean you read this kind of stuff in a nonfiction book, you read this kind of things in Twilight and Harry Potter. And it’s happening to me as I sit here with a fallen angel. How amazing it feels to be living in a fantasy world. He stares at me while I take this all in. “You know Alice Amelia Westford; you are very unique, very attractive, and overall cute.” He smiles slightly as he leans closer to me. He whispers in my ear “Alice, you’re beautiful. And I know your secret.” Secret? What secret? What could he be talking about? “Um” I laugh nervously “I don’t really know what you’re talking about. Explain?”  I smile. “Tell me Alice do you remember how I told you I can feel what you do?”  He looks up from the ground and catches my eyes. Damn he knows I like him, I’m caught, and my stomach starts to turn as I begin to blush. “Ah so you do remember, but funny thing is, I’m not feeling it because you are, I’m feeling it the SAME as you are.” He smiles shyly. These feelings are so fast, but feel like this is where I’m supposed to be. I needed him, and we just met. But it feels right. What am I to do, what I am I to do. This amazing creature I see, I feel, I hear, I could never be with such a thing. Then all of a sudden, he grabs my hand. His hand is so warm, how is he so warm when I am freezing. “Alice you’re cold.” so adorable such an amazing voice it’s like something so sweet, something I cannot get enough of. “Actually I am a little, but I am sure I can survive.” I smile with a wink. He frowns, and takes off his long sleeve shirt, and hands it to me. His body is so built. So toned. Abs and everything. I smile and look down as I put it on. It smells like mixture of mints and flowers, an amazing smell. I put it on and it is so warm. Thank God my body begins to warm up. He lies on the grass beneath me and grabs my hand and pulls me next to him. He kisses me on my forehead and I fall asleep in his arms.