Chapter 8.

Alice P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open. It was bright, almost too bright, and I shut my eyes again.

"Honey...?" I knew that voice. My eyes opened immediately.
As they adjusted I searched, until my eyes reached her.

She was ...crying ?

Suddenly I realized the room I was in.
It was a hospital room, and I was on the bed. There were "Get Well" balloons and stuffed animals by the window.

She must of seen a look on my face because she began talking extremely fast.

"Alice, I need you to stay calm okay? I need you to hear me out." She said softly.

My cheeks heated up. WHAT had she done?!

"First off, let me say this was nobody's fault." She said her eyes watering up.

"Mother...where's Patrick..?" I tried to stay calm.

"Who?" She looks stunned .

"My boyfriend. Patrick? He's tall, light complexed, extremely handsome. I was with him , that's the last thing I remember. What is going on?" I sounded frustrated. I wasn't that upset. I knew he would be around here somewhere.

"That's the thing sweet pea...you've been in a coma for 3 months. Nobody knew when you would wake up. Alice...they found out a lot of things you've been hiding from me. I don't understand why you couldn't just talk to me instead of doing all those horrible things..." She sobbed and grabbed my hand.

I couldn't react.
Why did they have to tell her about all the messed up things I've done?
I'm an adult. They shouldn't have said anything. I guess I understand, but now she's gonna hold this over me forever.

This isn't right. I must be dreaming.
I HAVE to be dreaming.
Patrick is here. I couldn't make that up.
Where is he? A thousand questions went through my head. Before I could get into deep thought, I was surrounded by doctors and nurses. My eyes went around to each doctor.

There were 4.

One was dark, and had glasses. He checked the monitor next to me, and talked to the nurse using nothing but medical terms.

The second one was pale with dark circles under his eyes. He was observing everything.

The third was talking to my mother , she was blonde and perky. I hated perky. They discussed how long I've been awake, test, and what I was talking about when I was first up. I prayed she didn't talk about Patrick. That's the last thing I needed.

The last doctor had a mask on his mouth, and a cap on his head. He looked like he was about to go into surgery. He watched me and discussed with the darker doctor.

He was light. And I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His eyes, there was something about them. Patrick? Could this be him , or did I see him at one point and then imagine him while I was out?

One by one doctors left the room, he followed the last nurse and my mom walked them to the door, talking to a nurse.

"Oh of course." She said sweetly.

Of course, what? I squinted my eyes thinking..

The door closed and suddenly behind the curtain he was there. He took off the cap, and the mask, and there he was. My gorgeous boyfriend. Before I could blink he was already sitting next to me.

"Hi." He said softly.

My body reacted instantly, and I gave him a hug , and tears started rushing down my face.

"I missed you. What happened? I'm so confused. This sucks. What's going on?" The questions almost didn't stop.

"Alice...I've been needing to tell you something. And I really hope you forgive me for this. It's more complicated than you think. I'm not what you think I am." The words came out and shot like bullets.
I backed up, and stared at him.

"What are you talking about?" I said under my breath.

"It's a long story...but before I start ..." His words got softer and softer and he leaned in.

His lips pressed against mine, and there was that fire again. Every time we kiss it's so breathtaking.

The little voice inside my head went off...
"HES LYING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU IDIOT!"

I pulled back immediately, and he made a pout, ending with a smirk.

I stood up and walked to the other side of the room. I turned my head in his direction,
"So you were saying..?" I said not knowing what to expect.

"Alice...please all I ask is you forgive me. I love you..." He stared into my eyes.