Chapter 5:It Would Be an Honnor

Sammie's POV

Last night. That night. It always begins that way. Why can't it begin as "this morning"? I guess it's because fairy tales and miracles just seem more romantic a night. It's been about five days since Liam and I went to the movies together. He said he wanted to go as friends and I've been wondering what he's meant. Does he want to stay just friends because I've just now decided that I do like him. At least a little...or a lot. I just like being around him more than others. I can talk to him more comfortably than anyone else and lately I've been wondering if he thought the same thing. It's strange because we've only known each other for such a short time. Three weeks to be exact. Yet somehow I was ready to say that I liked him. Then I decided that I wasn't going to be that weak and afraid girl. I was going to make something of this morning.

I walked into my backyard with my head held high. I guess I looked a bit weird, but no one was looking anyway. Plus at least acting a bit goofy could get some of the jitters out. I climbed up my latter into my tree house. I picked up my book as I walked onto the tiny deck and onto a branch. I let my feet dangle as I opened my book.

Not even 5 minutes later, I could hear the soft pad of grass as Liam landed lightly on his feet, as usual, outside the gate. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep him from seeing my smile.

"So," I started. I put my book down next to my side in time to see Liam striding across the backyard. "I feel like we've been neglecting your siblings."

"How so?" he asked. He flicked his hair as he came to s a stop below my feet.

"First off, I have barely talked to either of them." I raised one of my eyebrows.

"Mark is sick. You're going to have to go a bit shorter."

A smile spread on his face and he started to run back towards the gate. "Back in a second," he called.

I leaned back and laughed. Then realized I was on a branch and nearly fell off. This made me hunch forward and laugh harder.

"And this is Sammie, the girl who never stops laughing."

I looked up to see Liam standing by the gate with a little girl next to him. She was only up to his mid thigh. Her short blonde hair was up in two pig tails and she was fiddling with the hem of her little pink dress.

I moved my book farther over the deck. Then I twisted around, gripped the branch. and swung down. "Hi, Sophia. Nice to meet you," I greeted.

She looked up a little bit and gave me a small wave. Liam gently pushed her towards me. "Come on say hi," he urged.

I reached my hands out. "Can I have a hug?"

She slowly scooted closer and I wrapped my arms around her. She giggled and hugged me back. "Yay! She likes me!" I exclaimed. Then quietly I added, "Maybe more than you."

"No way," he argued. He stretched his hands out towards Sophia and she shuffled closer to me with a giggle.

"But she just met you!"

I shrugged. "Girls are so cooler."

We all walked to the middle of the backyard and sat down. Sophia sat in my lap and we joked around a lot. Most of it was about making fun of boys(specifically Liam). Soon we started asking question back and forth and purposely excluding poor Liam.

"What's your favorite Disney princess?" I asked Sophia.

She put her finger on her chin, tilted her head, and looked towards the sky while thinking. It was sooooo cute! She answered, "Rapunzel!"

"Really? Well, she is a pretty awesome princess. Mine is Jasmine."

"What is your favorite Disney prince?" she questioned. Sophia crossed her arms, leaned into my stomach, and lifted her head to look at me.

"Hmmm....the beast!"

"He's scary!" she squealed. "But he's cute too!"

I laughed and nodded my head. Then I leaned in and whispered, "Not as cute as Liam though, right?"

"No!!!!" Sophia squealed with laughter. "Ew!"

Liam huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. When she settled down, I decided that then was time to make the best of my morning. "Do you think Liam will say yes?"

Liam turned his head a little, but the turned away and instead tilted his ear in. "Too what?" Sophia asked.

"To be my boyfriend, of course."

I glanced at Liam from the corner of my eye. Either I was going crazy or his cheeks were getting red. Sophia shrugged and crawled over to Liam. She tapped his shoulder and Liam only turned his face slightly towards her. She asked him, "Wiam? Wil you be Sammie's boyfwend?"

Liam bit his lip and looked at me. Man, is he trying to make it hard to concentrate? I looked him straight in his perfect brown eyes and asked, "Liam, will you go on a date with me?"

Laim's POV

"Liam, will you go on a date with me?"

At first I just stared back into her eyes. All this time with me worrying and she was the first person to ask. The girl. I don't mind it. It's just not that common. Actually, it makes me like her more. My brave girlfriend....Girlfriend. I like it.

A smile slowly spread across my face. "It would be an honnor to go on a date with you."