Chapter 6:Picnics and Sunsets

(A/N) I know the chapters are getting shorter, but I am updating more often. Now Sammie and Liam are together! SIAM)

Sammie's POV

Finally I got my "this morning". This morning Liam agreed to go on a date with me. He said yes! And without hesitation. I guess this means he actually likes me. That is such a relief...at least a little bit of a relief. My heart is about to burst and my brain is spinning out of control. My nerves are on edge. I'm standing in front of my full body mirror that is on the inside of my closet door.

"I have absolutely nothing to wear."

Clothes are thrown all over my floor and bed. Usually I'm a neat and tidy person, but my brain is not working right and I am in panic mode. I also thought that I wasn't the type of person to panic about what to wear on a date. I guess I was wrong, but Liam...He drives me nuts. Finally I decided on wearing jeans and a Disney T-shirt that reminded me of Sophia. I know. My outfit seems really informal, but Liam and I decided that we wouldn't wear anything fancy. Just casual. Besides, I did invite him to a picnic. No point in wearing nice clothes just to have them ruined.

I quickly changed, got my hair braided, and skipped down the stairs. Ok, I may be a little excited, but yes, I did skip. I glanced inside the kitchen and saw that the clock said 7:15. Liam suggested that we go later so we can see the sunset and later look at stars. Sounds a bit cheesy, but soooo romantic. Sorry. Girl princess ideas still swarming in my brain as well as every girl on the planet, I'm sure. Since it's summer the sun usually doesn't set until around eight.

A knock came at the door and I quickly opened it. Liam stood outside on the porch. He opened his mouth to say something, but I held up a finger to silence him. My parents voice came from the tv room, "Sammie?"

I looked over my shoulder, "It's just Liam. We're gonna hang out for a bit. I'll be back in a bit."

"Okay, have fun!"

Liam covered his mouth to keep from laughing. I kept out the door and closed it behind me. I explained, "Any distraction from the tv and my mom would have been there humiliating me."

Liam raised a hand. "I wouldn't have minded."

I slapped him playfully. "Well, I would!"

"Just messing with you." He laughed and shoved my shoulder and I joined him.

We walked down the sidewalk in silence for a few moments. The awkwardness finally setting in. Liam walked gracefully as always. He was wearing capris and a red. T-shirt that fit him nicely and showed some of his abs. A basket hung on his left arm. I was walking on his right side. I leaned over and tried to reach for the basket. "What did you get?" I asked.

He laughed and pulled away. "Don't even think about it. It's a surprise."

"Aw." I put my hands on the side of my face and stuck out my lower lip and gave him the puppy dog eyes. Then he covered his eyes.

"You can't fool me!"

Liam's POV

She had to pull the puppy eyes thing. Seriously? I felt like my heart was cracking. Her eyes are hazel, but they aren't like just any normal hazel eyes. They were a light brown that looked nearly transparent with darker brown and green flecks surrounding them. Absolutely beautiful. I covered my eyes with my hands. "You can't fool me!"

When I took my hands away she was still looking at me. Immediately, I covered my eyes again. "Cheater!" I yelled. I couldn't see, but I could still hear the sound of her trying not to laugh. Her unique laugh.