Chapter 3:Best Friends

(A/N) Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I'm actually starting to get into the writing thing and I'm going to post alot more. Wednesdays, I guess, are my days since I don't really have anything besides school on that day. Usually at least.

Liam's POV (2 weeks later)

Two weeks flew by in a flash, but I tried to remember every second of it. I suddenly really liked being here. There is no place I'd rather be. Sammie was just so easy to talk to unlike everyone else. She talked about books, soccer, and music. We had a lot of the same interests, but at the same time we are so different. Whenever I talked to her, she seemed to be so understanding. If I have a problem, I can talk to her about and vice versa. We started hanging out a lot more over the past couple of weeks. Since she lived just across the street, it we came over to each other's house quite often. Actually I'm going over to her house now.

I walk down the sidewalk and up the white steps leading to the porch. I knock on the door and wait a moment. There was no answer. Her parents aren't home because of work so it's likely she's in her backyard. I hop over the fencing on the porch and land gracefully on the soft grass. In such short time I got used to it. She stays in her backyard a lot. Usually reading, writing, or playing soccer. At that moment I made a decision. Either try to sneak up on her or just start yelling now and act like an idiot. Well, I'm no idiot...

I stepped quietly to the gate and opened it slowly so that it made no noise. Sammie was sitting in the middle of the yard turned away from me and reading. She was so focused that she seemed completely oblivious to everything. Wow, I am so mean. Taking quiet steps, I snuck up behind her and had my hands just above her shoulders. At the same moment that I slapped my hands on her shoulders I also asked loudly, "What book ya reading?"

I swear she jumped ten feet in the air. She let out and scream and turned around to see me rolling on the ground laughing. "Not funny!" She scolded.

By that time I was gasping for air. She smacked me playfully with her book and I threw my arms in front of me to block her hits. Still I continued to laugh. I grabbed her wrists to stop her and tried pulling away which only made me laugh more and now she was laughing too. Her laugh was adorable. I smiled widely. I swear her laugh could make the sun come out on a rainy day.

Finally she stopped struggling. Our breathing was short and ragged. Our noses were only a few inches apart. I suddenly let go other wrists and she pulled back, putting her arms behind her to stop herself. Then she laughed again, but it was short and sudden. The she started laughing hysterically.

"What is it?" I questioned.

She managed to get between laughs, "Your-hair! It's-its-a mess."

My hands flew towards my head and quickly smoothed my hair. Then I shook my hair which just made Sammie laugh again.

"You're just like a child," I commented

"What do you mean?" She asked.

I explained, "You love to laugh. Plus you never really worry like a normal teenagers would do."

"And you're just like a dog."

I laughed and shook my head again. Now that we weren't on the verge of killing each other, I noticed her outfit. She had on Jean shorts and a neon green T-shirt that read, "Book Nerd for life."

"You really like books. Don't ya?"

She nodded eagerly. "You have no clue."

"So what book were you reading?" I interrogated.

She picked up a thin, orange hardback book. "It's the book you let me borrow. Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo."

"Do you like it?"