Chapter 2:Questions

SAMMIE'S POV

The next morning, I hopped out of bed and skipped down the stairs while whistling. Today is a Saturday so neither Liam's nor my parents have work today. I was super excited that Liam had invited me over. He had finally decided to let me try being his friend. Hopefully he liked me. If he didn't...oh, well, I'd still hang around him. I guess I am a bit stubborn, aren't I? At least when it comes to making friends. He shouldn't stay alone like that.

I poured myself some cereal and sat down at the table to eat. Looking out my window, I could see Liam pass by his own window. In a few minutes I was done and I hurried back to my room and picked out some clothes. This time it was green shorts with an orange shirt that read, "book worm" in green.

I ran to the door and slid on my flip flops and rushed outside and across the street. I knocked a few times on the door and Mrs. Payne answered.

"Hello, you must be Sammie. Right?"

"Yes Mrs. Payne, Nice to meet you," I said

Her hair was the same light brown as Liam's, but she had blue eyes which was completely different from Liam's beautiful brown eyes. She laughed and smiled, "Carol please. It's nice to meet you."

She stepped aside and motioned for me to come in.

"Liam's upstairs. It's your first door on your left."

I tried to slow down while going up the stairs so I didn't seem over excited to Mrs. Pa- I mean Carol, but I don't think I did a good job. I looked around and spotted the door. I went to grab the door knob, but stopped myself. Instead, I knocked on his door. It only took a second for him to swing the door open and welcome me into his room.

The first thing I noticed was him, not the room. Although he seemed to be trying to avoid my vision. He was wearing black gym shorts and a red T-shirt. He looked perfect somehow. I'm not sure how that's possible for someone wearing such casual clothes. When he turned his head his eyes had a glint of gold from the sunlight. That's when I decided to look around the room.

It was kind of big for a room that only held one teenager. It looked more like a room for a queen or king sized bed. There were two windows on the far wall. The walls were a light blue. His bed was in the far left corner of the room going across the wall with the windows. The bed already had its covers on which were dark blue with some lighter blue and white spots. There was a dresser on the left wall a few feet from his bed and an empty shelf on the other side. Then there was a few boxes. The room looked super empty.

"Well, it's nice to see you again," Liam said from behind me, "Shall we get started?"

I nodded and Liam opened a box to his right and I joined him. The box was full of small things and some posters towards the bottom. He grabbed a few photographs and I grabbed a few also. We both started assembling them on his dresser.

"So what made you change your mind?" I asked

He just asked a question back, "What do you mean?"

"You said you didn't want to make friends and I don't know about you, but inviting someone to your house is a sure way to be hinting at friendship."

He sighed, "Well, I'm not very good at not trying to make friends and you didn't seem like you were going to give up anyways."

I smiled, "I'm that kind of friendly person."

"Or stubborn as some call it," he said in a stage whisper, pretending not to let me hear.

I gasped in mock shock and we both laughed.

The picture I was now putting up was of a little boy running through a house in a Woody costume, hat, vest, and all.

"Is this you?" I questioned.