1 {Reunited}

{Michael is the sweetest thing ever *heavy breathing* enjoy...}

Jeremy's POV:

There's a knock at the door, "I'll get it!" It's probably just Michael. I open the door but... it's not Michael. It's a women, with a girl beside her.

"Uh, hi" I say. "Is your father home?" The women asks. "Yea, I'll go get him" I go in and get my dad, I try to listen to the conversation but I can't hear much.

All I heard clearly was "she's back home".

My dad closes the door and the younger girl walks in, she seems to be my age.

"I missed you so much! I haven't seen you in years!" My Dad hugs her, she hugs him back. "Whose this?" I ask.

"Oh Jeremy... I've never told you about her but, this is your little sister, Y/N" she smiles and waves at me.

"Little... sister?"

~Before~

Y/N's POV:

"I'm going home!" I yell. "Oh... your leaving me?" My best friend asks. "Don't worry! Briar is always here!" I say. She sighs...

My best friend, Kit. Her name is Katherine but Kit is what everyone's calls her.

We were in a foster home, I don't remember my family, I was taken away at the age of 2, for an unknown reason.

"I hope you'll be happy" Kit says. "Kit... you'll go back to your family one day or you'll be adopted, I promise..." I say. "Adopted? Please... everyone just wants little youngsters... no one wants a teenager" Kit looks down.

"How bout this, I'll come visit you as much as I can! I'm never leaving you!" I say. "You promise?" Kit asks. "I promise..." I grab her hand and kiss her forehead.

~time to leave~

I grab my suitcase and walk outside, about to get in the car-

"Wait!" I look up, it's Kit. She runs up to me and almost tackles me, wrapping her legs around my waist and hugging me tight.

"You can't leave" she tears up. "Kit, I have to! It's my family..." I start to tear up. Kit doesn't let go, the foster parent has to come and tear her off of me.

I get in the car and roll the window down. The car starts driving off and I look out the window, back at Kit.

She's chasing the car, she's crying. I feel heartbroken... I didn't want to leave her but, I miss my family, but I'll miss Kit more.

I roll the window back up, and put my headphones in and listen to music.

I listen to If I Could Tell Her from Dear Evan Hansen. I really love musicals, I always loved going to watch them.

I have a faint memory before I left, I was with my dad and someone else and we watched my cousin perform in a musical. I'm guessing since then I've listened to different musicals and just... fell in love.

The song ends and For Forever comes on... Kit... she never understood me and my love for musicals but, this song really stood out for us.

Even though she wasn't a fan of musicals, this was her favourite.

I feel my eyes tearing up, the burn. I'm crying not to tear. I get memory's...

~memory~

Me and Kit are standing on the beds with pretend microphones in our hands, singing along to For Forever.

"Quoting songs by our favourite bands!" I point to Kit.
"Telling jokes no one understands except us two!" She sings.
"And we talk, and, take in the view"
We sing together.
"All we see is sky for forever, we let the world pass by for forever, feels like we could go on for forever this way, two friends, on a perfect day"

We continue singing the whole song and smiling...

~present~

Tears are falling from my eyes... now I can't sing this song with her...

I whisper to myself... "all we see is sky for forever... we let the world pass by for forever... feels like we could go on for forever this... two friends... on a perfect day"

I wipe my tears away and take a nap until we get there.

~I got lazy~

I open my eyes, "we're here" the women says. I look out the window, my heart jumps. This is the house...

I take my headphones out and put my phone away. I run out and grab my suitcase.

The women knocks on the door and I wait behind her.

A boy, around my age, answers the door. He's wearing this striped shirt and a sweater, brown hair. Whose this?

He runs off and later an older man answers the door.

"Your daughter" the women says. "Y/N?" He asks shocked. "Dad?" I smile. He hugs me and I hug him.

"She's all yours, she's back home where she belongs" the women smiles. "Thank you so much!" My Dad smiles. The women walks off and I go inside the house.

The boy from before is sitting on the stairs. "I missed you so much! I haven't seen you in years since you were a small baby!" My Dad hugs me again and I hug him.

"Whose this?" The boy asks.

"Oh Jeremy... this is" Jeremy... I remember that name.

"This is your little sister" I smile and wave at him. "Little... sister?" He asks.

"I'm Y/N!" I say. "Jeremy..." he says. "Did I always have a sister?" Jeremy asks. "Yea but... she was taken away when she was 2, you two didn't get much time together" Dad says.

"I'll be in my room..." Jeremy runs up stairs.

"Is he mad?" I ask. "Jermey is the one for change, just give him time and he'll warm up to you, why don't you go to your room upstairs across from Jeremy" I take my suitcase and go to the room.

It's empty, looks old, like no ones touched it in years. I sit on the bed, it's soft...

I flop down smiling... I've never been so happy in my life!

Word count: 1005