Veinte ⚬

Southern California Hospital
December 18, 2016
Cynthia Pov

I threw my head back, hearing the monitor beep. He still haven't woke up yet nor did he make any type of movement.

I was more than drain all because of this mess. They said it started from leaving a pot unattended but I knew better. Kway didn't cook, he rarely touched the stove.

Erica been calling but I haven't been answering. I know its a wreck but I can't help but to blame her. If it wasn't for her taking my phone, I could've been alerted in time.

Maybe Kway would still be well instead of having a tube flushed down his throat. Truthfully, I knew who was the cause of it but all I did was pointed fingers.

I walked over to his death bed where he laid. My fingers laced with his while my thumb rubbed against the center of his palm.

"I'm sorry .." I muttered.

A mournful cry escaped from lips as tears brick from my eyes. Enough Tears began to fall from chin and dripped on to my shirt.

"I'm s-sorry" I croaked.

Part of me, blamed myself. I let my small affair get in way between my main priority. Or maybe, its karma. Fucking someone else mate ain't so peachy n' creamy after all.

"I s-should've been there!"

I grew angry and I felt my muscles tense up. My anger consumed a lot of things but the one that stuck out, I couldn't help him even if I tried.

I wiped my wet tears off my face, my jaw
clenched. I pulled my hoodie over my head and patted me down making my gun was in place.
My old ways was starting to surfaced ..

"I love you." That was all came out my mouth before exiting out of the room.

"Cyn?" A short lady bumped into me.

When I recognized the estranged figure, my face softened. Kway's Mother sure do get finer over time. She embraced me into a hug then slowly pulled away.

"Hey." I weakly smiled.

"I see your doing well for yourself. Been all over the news bout your big promotion!" She cheered.

Even though she said one thing, her eyes said another. She was hurt and was on verge to tears. Her and Kway may not speak much but that was half of her heart. The other floated away when she lost her other son in a drug-deal.

"Promotion?" I tried to brighten the conversation.

"Chile don't act like you don't know .." She playfully pushed me.

Promotion? Since when?

"I'm sure kw- um leaving?" She changed the subject. Ms.Debby always can sense I was up to something thats why I stayed far away.

"Yeah .." I said.

"Where to?"

"Gotta hit sum errands."

She gave me a stank face.

"Cynthia!" She said sternly. "You bet no-