congratulations // klance

Lance led his small boyfriend to the roof of their appartment where a table, two chairs, and a few candles lay. He felt nothing but giddiness.

"Uh, Lance? What's this?" Keith asked, albeit he couldn't keep the big smile from breaking out onto his lips. "I love you, Keith! Did you think I wouldn't do something.. spontaneous?" Lance wiggled his eyebrows.

Keith chuckled once Lance pulled out a chair and motioned for him to sit. He carefully sat down and let out a startled yelp when Lance pushed his chair in. "Okay, Lance. What is happening?" He eyed his boyfriend suspiciously.

Lance only smiled and whistled. Suddenly, the roof doors opened and Hunk and Pidge walked out. Hunk held two trays of food while Pidge held two glasses of champagne.

"He got you guys into this too!" Keith asked while laughing. The duo laughed a bit before placing the items on the small, round table. Hunk bowed to them and walked away. "Gooood luuck~" Pidge said in a singsong voice. She winked at Keith and left, causing him to blush.

What is going on? Keith wondered. "Bone apple the teeth!" Lance smiled at him and opened his trays. On Lance's plate was ropa vieja with rice. Keith opened his tray and gasped slightly. Kimchi-jjigae. He smiled as a single tear fell down his cheek.

"What's your favorite food?" Lance asked him as they lay side by side in the grassy field. "Hmm. I don't really have a favorite but there is something I really want. My mom used to nake it for me before she, uh.. yeah." He felt Lance tighten his grip on his hand and he smiled. "Kimchi-jjigae."

"Aww you remembered!" Keith cooed and wiped the tear away. He stood up and leaned forward, placing his lips against his boyfriend's in a soft kiss. "I love you." He smiled. "Hmm, yeah, I know. But I love you too." Lance pecked him on the lips and pushed him back lightly into the chair.

After eating the door opened again and Shiro, Allura, and Coran walked out. "Not you too!" Keith wailed. "Can one of you tell me what's going on?" Keith pleaded. They all smiled at him with something he couldn't place. "Nope!" Coran cheered.

Keith whined softly but didn't pursue it any further. "What are you guys even doing here?" Keith asked. "To get your waste of course! We didn't want Hunk and Pidge to have all of the fun." Allura told him. He looked over to Shiro once he felt his eyes on him, but Shiro just patted him on the shoulder before him and Allura grabbed the plates, Coran the glasses.

Once they left Lance stood up and held his hand out. Keith grabbed it and squealed when Lance yanked his hand and held him close. "Oh my gosh Lance. Why are you like this?" He asked while laughing. "Because I love you so much." Lance answered as he placed a kiss on his temple.

Keith smiled softly as they swayed back and forth slowly. "Keith." Lance whispered. "Hm?" Keith hummed in acknowledgement. "Close your eyes." And he did. "What do you see?" Lance asked. "Nothing." "That's my life without you." Lance said softly.

Keith snorted and his eyes opened comically wide. "Lance! Oh m- Lance?" Keith's mouth opened slightly from shock, which you would expect, when he opened his eyes to his boyfriend on one knee.

"When we first got together, Keith, I couldn't see myself in a few years without you. Those years became months, weeks, days, hours, and minutes. Until the point where I thought, 'if this boy leaves me, i dont know what will happen to me'. And it's true. I couldn't see myself living a life without you in it. I love you too much to do that." Lance rubbed the back of his neck nervously.