Like cotton candy

It felt just like cotton candy. Falling in love felt like cotton candy inside of me. A little warm and soft and all sweet. Sometimes just being next to you would fill me with so much love I couldn't express. Like the cotton candy had no space anymore. That's when I randomly hugged you. Just to show you how much you meant to me. You know I always preferred actions over words.

Remember our camping trip together? It was when I realized I love you. We were sharing a tent and it was raining. I always loved rain and being in a tent while it was raining made me even happier. But the best thing about this trip were the cold nights, because we cuddled to keep us warm. The first night I wrapped my arms around you loosely, too afraid to scare you away. While listening to the rain you grabbed my hand carefully, intertwining our fingers. Back then I hoped you didn't notice how my heart would beat, how butterflies would turn my stomach into a playground and how the cotten candy filled my inners. I moved a little closer to your back, wanting to get closer to the warmth, wanting to get closer to you. I was awake the whole night, listening to the rain, feeling your warmth and smelling your scent of summer and home. Even though we didn't talk that night I feel like it was one of the most meaningful nights in my life.

Now I sleep alone.