Introduction?

Her heels clicked against the crystal floors, expressionless as she stared out at the view, inviting her to forget her duties and just revel in what she has, right in her reach.

"How's the Summer kingdom?" Riyalin asked, without averting her gaze from the white covering every inch of the land, magical plants covered by light touches of snow.

"Good, Your Majesty. They're recovering, but they won't last long if your sister does not take her place as Queen. They would be destroyed." Riyalin hummed in dissatisfaction, headed straight for the throne room, only to find trouble.

"Darius. This is no place for a Summer Estran." Riyalin kept a distance with the determined Estran but she could see the tell-tale signs of his weakening.

"Queen Riyalin, my sovereign has spoken. She wants you at her palace, to talk." Darius replied, shuddering slightly as he spoke.

"Darius, darling. You know me." Riyalin held the side of his face, purposely letting him feel her chill.

He pulled back with a sharp inhale, gasping, tenderly holding his scorched cheek, as he looked at Riyalin with panic.

"The Summer kingdom wants an audience, then they shall come to my domain. Any other way, and I will pull back my Estrans holding the winter from invading your realm." Riyalin spoke calmly, yet the threat was clear.

"I apologise for offending you, Queen Riyalin." Darius shivered, and Riyalin gave a smile.

"Oh, you did not offend me. Your sovereign did." Darius' eyes widened as Riyalin motioned for her guards to take him out.

"Ensure no Summer Estrans come here again. If you find one, bring them to me directly." Riyalin's hard gaze softened as she looked out to her empire.

"Ready my horse, and tell no one I left the castle." Riyalin said, the sound of her shoes against the floor being the only sound as she went to her rooms.

She worked quickly, weaving her hair into a crown braid, slipping on a white embroidered velvet cloak, pulling the hood as she left her room, moving quickly through the castle.

A black stallion sputtered, tugging at its reins, and Riyalin took the reins off the hook swiftly, soothing the black beauty with gentle strokes.

She mounted easily, touching him softly, and he began to run.

"Relax, no one's harming you." Riyalin whispered, stroking its side as she gently pulled the rein with her other hand.

The horse stopped completely, and Riyalin sighed, knowing the horse was too skittish to take her on a run by the forest, too many distractions would harm one of them.

"Alright, alright." Riyalin relented, nudging the horse's side to her right, leading it as it turned back to the castle.

Her castle.

As promised, I'm releasing this on Christmas Eve :)) I worked my butt off for you Ty, and for the readers.

Have fun reading, and Merry Christmas to everyone!! :))