Chapter Six

"To sum it up, I learnt that Joey Drew and Sammy Lawrence were lying to me the whole time, and so had everyone else in the studio", Boris recalled, his now empty black eyes showing no signs of emotion, "Bendy was alive, but he was far from doing well. They had apparently locked him away somewhere in a sectioned off apart of the studio, using his link with the Ink machine as a way to create more monstrosities.", the hound slouched, losing himself in the memory. The people Bendy looked up to had lied to him. And they had done the same to Alice and me.

"Wow..." You didn't know what to do with all this new information. You had a lot of mixed emotions. You were angry, furious! But you were also deeply upset. Remorseful. You felt responsible for the happenings, since it was most your dad's doing, you had to carry his burden. "I... I'm sorry..." you said, unsure what else to say. " No one should be put through something like that especially Bendy."

Boris nodded, "Bendy wasn't always bad", he stated, slightly going off topic."

"What do you mean?"

"Every now and again, after the studio was completely closed and people went missing, Bendy would return to his regular form", Boris' expression was heartbreaking, "I found him one day while searching for supplies to completely seal off the safe house form the lower levels... he was weak, and in pain. He didn't notice me at first, but when he did, he nearly broke down", you could see black tears begin to build up in the hound's eyes, "I couldn't leave him there, so I took him in and looked after him as best I could"

You remembered the stretcher in Boris' room back at the safe house, "The claw marks in your room-"

"T-that was actually me.", Boris confirmed, "But the mirror, that was Bendy's fault. He always suffered from terrible nightmares and visions. He never could tell anyone what they were about. There was a time where he wouldn't even touch me, wouldn't let me go near him, saying he didn't want to hurt me. He left not long afterwards, saying that he was a danger to my safety. I let him go, unsure of what else to do. But when the howls started again, I haven't seen him since."

"Oh my god", You said to yourself quietly. Things had really gone haywire in this workshop. You wanted to fix it, take it all away, but you didn't know how. They deserved better than this, "This is all so messed up"

Silence fell between them as Boris processed his emotions and you organized your newly found knowledge. You felt sick at the concept that these living beings had been through so much. And now Alice, too. The beastly figure behind the glass, screaming her name. A rising feeling of urgency grew within making you become anxious to get moving.

"Come on, we don't want to tick off this "Alice" just yet", You stood up, extending your hand to help Boris, "She's expecting us, I'm sure"

Boris took your hand, allowing you to help him up. The two of you then exited the screen room, moving along the hallway. Their path ended in a crossroad, a signpost displaying the directions of each choice. The arrow pointing to the left read "The DEMON" while the right read "The ANGEL". The demon arrow looked more weathered than its counterpart.

"Well..." You broke the silence, "Which way?"

"I'm not sure", Boris replied, examining the two options carefully. To him this was like trying to decide between which siblings he liked the most. His answer would be both, but that wasn't exactly an option with pathways.

"Uh, do we split up or..." You were torn on which was to go. You wasn't sure if choosing one would anger the other, and you certainly didn't want to frustrate the demon. Although you wasn't sure if angering the supposed angel would be a good idea either.