6. Attacking The Obsetrans 1

Everyone ran to the door to follow him. I couldn't just stay there. I picked up my heels,however stiff they were and ran after them. The huge guy led them out to the back of the building. We reached a room, similar to a parking room. He raised the metal sheet until it clicked, and released it.

Inside the room,there was nothing.

"All our supplies have ran out." He said as he pointed there.

"Come on! You want to say that there will be no breakfast today?" One rebel asked.

"And worse,lunch and supper." The huge guy replied.

"Now what are we gonna do?" Another rebel asked. All eyes turned to Aaron.

"I went to the divide to see if I could find some supplies. The place was already exhausted. There were none." He stopped and looked at the huge guy. "Is there anything we can take to the market and trade with?" He asked him.

"Am afraid not." He replied.

Aaron stopped for a thought. I couldn't tell what he thought. We all waited for his final command. Being a leader is not something very easy.

He heaved,as if he seemed to have reached a decision.

"Prepare the Bawlers. We are going to raid the Obsetrans." He said as he started moving.

"What! You can't be serious about that." Dan,as usual,muttered against his decision. Aaron stopped and turned back. He started approaching Dan.

The rebels got ready for this.

He came near to his face. Unbelievably, Dan didn't even winch. He stared at him,waiting for what he was to do.

"Do you have a better plan?" He shouted across his face. Still,Dan didn't even blink. He still stared at him.

"Do you!" Aaron asked again,shouting. Dan didn't reply. He seemed to have no absolute plan.

"Then,get your damn ass out of here and bring the guns from the armoury room! The Obsetrans attacked us last time. This time,we are going to attack them." He finished as he trailed off. No one wasted even a single second. Everyone was in their ups and downs,doing their roles. I stood there stranded. I had nothing to do. I looked at Aaron as he left and ran after him.

"Whats going on?" I asked him as I tried to catch up with him.

"You remember when I told you back there that you were an outsider?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Well,not everyone in the ruins is a rebel. Some don't see life as we do. They believe that they just have to survive and so, they attack each other and us to have their supplies. Here in the ruins there are very many groups,no one lives alone." He said as he went into the bedrooms.

"This fights are intense. We lose lives while we do it,and therefore that's why you have to stay here until we come."

He can't just leave me here. I hate being useless.

"No! You can't leave me here. Maybe I can help." I tried to argue.

"Help with what?" He asked as he wore his boots.

I couldn't think of anything I could do. My help would not do much.

"You are not trained. I know you can't fight. You can't even hold a gun,can you?" He asked,strapping his shoelaces. Sadly,he was right. I would prove to be a burden out there.

But there was something I could do to help. I couldn't just remain here at the house, while a group is out,fighting for supplies(in which I would use them if I became part of the rebels),so I couldn't give in to what he says.