ch. 16 - sleepover clichés

Millie swiped the key card and opened up the door into your room for the next three days. It was 1AM and you were incredibly tired. You had always been the first one to fall asleep at a sleepover and the rest of the gang was making fun of your sleepy demeanor. 

"So there's two double beds, which means one of us has to share, I can be one of those people if I need too." Millie volunteered. 

"I can share with you." You said. You felt comfortable around Millie, she was a really good friend. You didn't generally like sharing beds with people but you didn't wanna ask not to share and you definitely didn't wanna share with someone that was trying to steal your man. 

You put your bag on one one of the beds and Millie did the same. "Wow, this is nothing like home. My sister Jacey would be the one to physically fight me for the empty bed." Sadie pointed out.  That made you think of just how lucky you were not to have any siblings. 

As you started unpacking you remembered what you promised to admit to everyone in just a minute. You crossed your fingers hoping they'd forget. 

"You know, Y/N, I was gonna tease you for falling asleep so early but then I remembered we have a panel in like 8 hours...." Sadie said. 

"Yeah I may go to sleep..." Millie said. 

You smiled at the thought of not being the only one asleep. "Does anyone wanna shower?" You asked. 

"Yeah, definitely." Sadie said. 

She grabbed her shower caddy and walked to the bathroom.

You sighed and sat on the bed. 

"Oh, but don't worry, we haven't forgotten. We're gonna hear who you like before we go to sleep." Millie reminded me. 

Your lips tightened, "Shoot, I thought you had forgotten." You admitted. 

She smiled a shook her head. No she had not. 

You took the time Sadie was using in the bathroom to brush your hair and put on pajamas. You put your hair up to get it out of your face and by the time you were done Sadie walked out of the bathroom with her hair wrapped in a towel and pajamas on.

You turned off the lights and you and Millie crawled into bed while Sadie got into her own. You turned off the table lamp next to you and that initiated the night time conversations. Conversations that can only happen when laying in bed with the lights off. 

"So, Y/N, about that crush..." Sadie said. 

You sighed, "Do I really need to say?" You hesitated. 

"Definitely." Sadie insisted. 

"We don't care. I mean we care, but we're not gonna care about who it is...if that makes sense." Millie said. 

"I get what you meant....okay..." You braced yourself. "I kinda have a crush on Gaten." You admitted. 

"I knew it!" Sadie and Millie said in unision. 

Your jaw dropped. "You both knew?" You exclaimed. 

"You made it a little obvious. But I would've known anyway." Millie said. 

"Wh-how?" Sadie said. 

"Well, Y/N said this was her first big role, but she's wrong. She was actually in this low-budget film called 'Keep The Sunlight Out' and she had the role of the main characters friend. I really loved that character even though she was only in a few scenes. But the point is I loved her acting so I followed her on Instagram, but on my private account, not the one everyone knows. So I saw all of Y/N's 'Man Crush Monday' 's dedicated to Gaten." Millie explained. 

You turned a deep shade of red that may have aluminated the dark space around me. "You're very quiet." Sadie said after a few seconds. 

"I'm so embarrased." You admitted. 

"Oh my goodness, don't be! They were cute, and Gaten is a very charming guy." Millie reassured you. 

"Yeah, definitely." Sadie said. 

"Well, I'm not surprised you think so." You said. You quickly regretted it because although you didn't like that Sadie liked Gaten, she seemed nice now that you actually got a chance to talk with her. 

"What do you mean?" Sadie asked. 

"Nothing I just.." you mumbled, "I figured you liked him..." You trailed off. 

"What? No! I mean don't get me wrong Gaten is awesome, but I don't like him like that." She reassured you. 

"Oh, okay. I got that feeling in the car. Do you like Caleb?" You asked. 

It was quiet in the room and you could almost hear the smile on Sadie's face. 

"Oh you do! You guys would be so cute. I can see it now." You said. 

"Oh you're probably just excited cause you wanted Lucas and Max to get together." Sadie teased. 

You shrugged. It was true.