Chapter Three.

Sammie awoke to a shrill beeping to her right. Lifting her head, she groaned, reading the time. Six a.m.

She knew she would have to get up early for this job, but she reluctantly decided it was worth it. She would do anything to ruin HW's life.

Getting out of her bed, she stifled a yawn, making her way to the kitchen, where the night before, she had set out a coffee mug. She went to the cupboard and grabbed some bread, and made toast.

When she had finished, she made her way to her closet full of new clothes, and picked out her outfit she had decided for work that morning.

Sammie had picked a flowery skirt that showed off her long, soft legs, a white blouse that complimented her cleavage and went perfectly with the skirt, followed by white stilettos.

She looked like a super model.

Sammie walked through the doors of TPH and smiled at everyone that looked at her. People raised their eyebrows, the employees, who sat behind their desks, literally gaped. She loved the attention.

 No sign of HW. Perhaps he'll arrive soon, she thought to herself.

She arrived at the reception desk, where she was told by Jessica to wait. James had called her the next day and asked if she wanted the job as his assistant; she of course accepted with glee.

The receptionist smiled at Sammie, reminding her of the day she had the interview. She held her hand out to the friendly man.

"Sammie Higgins. I'll be working here from now on."

He gave a light hearted laugh. "I know. My name's Jason."

"Well Jason, it's lovely to meet you properly." She referred to the smiling exchange last Monday.

Jason grinned, and for the next ten minutes, flirted with Sammie. She had no interest in romance since her first experience didn't turn out too well, but she knew she needed to know as many people as she could for information about HW.

"Sammie!" Jessica greeted. She turned around, gave a smile and shook Jessica's hand. "Congratulations on getting the job. I knew you would."

"Thank you. It's lovely to see you again."

"Come with me." Jessica murmured, and began walking a different way than last time. They ended up at a small office, where James sat behind his computer desk. When he looked up, he smiled at both of them, and rested his gaze onto Sammie, clearly taken back by her appearance. His eyes travelled from her face to her legs, and she smirked inwardly.

"Hello Sammie, how are you?"

"I'm very well, thank you. Yourself?"

"I'm good." He blushed. Blushed!

He gestured for her to sit down opposite him, and after a moment, she noticed Jessica had left the room.

"OK, here is the first five chapters of a book I received this morning. I'm busy doing something else, so if you could write a report about it, that would be great."

Sammie took the papers from James and looked them over. Her eyes caught the title.

My Crazy Ex- Boyfriend. She tried hard to stifle a laugh.

HW was the crazy one, not her. He should have been in the mental institution. Sammie did nothing to deserve the heart ache that HW gave her.

James snapped her out of her thoughts. "Go to your work desk and type it onto the computer provided. I'll get Jessica to show you there, don't worry." Sammie nodded and followed Jessica when she came over.

The office was small; she had a simple wooden desk, computer on top, sitting in the left corner of the room. Two other desks sat, unoccupied. Sammie wondered whose desks they were. After thanking Jessica, she got on with her work.

She had just read the second chapter when a man with dark brown hair walked into the room.

The same face of the man that had broken her heart six years ago stared back at her. He had grown up a lot since then. The boyish features he'd had when he was eighteen were gone. This was a man.

He was so gorgeous, so graceful when he walked in. His blue eyes were cool. his expression unreadable.

She wanted to kill him then and there. She wanted to scowl and scream in his direction, but kept herself from doing so, remembering her plan.

HW looked at her for a minute, before sighing and pulling his lips into a polite smile.

"Hey.” She drawled. “I’m Sammie.”

"H-hey.” He stammered back, his eyes assessing Sammie.

HW seemed surprised at something, but quickly put his expression back to normal. "Well. I hope you enjoy working in the same office as me." He gave a laugh.

"Oh. I will."

HW smiled again, his face flushed, and sat down at his desk that was the closest to Sammie’s.

Step two, in the making. Become his friend.