Chapter Seven.

"Poke!" Once again, Sammie was poked in the ribs by Zeke. Slapping his hand away, she gave him a death glare and sighed heavily.

"Would you STOP that!? Jesus, how do you live with him Caroline?" Sammie looked at Caroline, genuinely confused. The man was a immature kid at heart!

"Because now I don't have to have a child; I've got one already." She laughed, her hazel eyes dancing with amusement.

"Carol!" Zeke scolded.

"You know I love you." She teased. Sammie had to look away, she couldn't handle seeing any display of affection between a man and a woman. Especially not live, in front of her. The fake act she had to put on with HW was enough for a lifetime. She didn't have to see any more of it.

"Ugh. Get a room you two!" Sammie said jokingly, when she really meant it.

"Oh come on Samarang, we just got here, don't be mean." Zeke pouted.

It was Friday. They had arrived on Sammie's doorstep straight after work. It goes without saying that it had made her peeved. Just a little. But then again, Zeke was really the only one she could trust. Not to mention he was her only friend.

Although she hadn't known Caroline for long, if Zeke was happy with her, she knew she could trust her with a little time.

HW was not one to be trusted. Sammie knew that from experience and she also knew she'd have to be the distant kind, not the dorky, clingy high school girl she once was. Perhaps that's why HW left her? No. Definitely not. It was all his fault. He was a heart breaker; a cold, cold bastard and "Nora" unfortunately had the wrong end of the stick. Sammie would have the upper hand now. She would be the one who decides what happens, when it happens, and how it happens. She would be the heart breaker .

"Earth to Sammie." Zeke snapped Sammie out of her angry fantasy and waved his hand in her face.

"Sorry. What?" She laughed.

"We were saying, we should go out to dinner tonight."

"Oh... Sure, I guess."

"Great! That settles it! Me and Caroline will go to our hotel and be back in an hour, maybe two, depending on her mood." He grumbled the last part.

"Zeke!" She scolded.

"What? You women take for-fucking-ever in the shower and doing your make up!" He exasperated.

Shaking her head, she walked to the door and left. Zeke raised his eyebrows at Sammie and leaned closer.

"You don't have feelings for him, right?"

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well, obviously you hate him, I'm just looking out for you. Make sure you don't fall for him Sammie."

"Trust me, I wont." She replied dryly. "He's a bastard and if I didn't want to ruin him so much, I'd have killed him by now."

He nodded. "Things change, people change. Just be careful." With that, he waved goodbye and left Sammie alone in her house.

Confused, she walked to her bedroom and flopped on the bed. She thought of ways to distance herself and make HW jealous. She needed him to want her more than he already did...

If that was possible.

HARRISON ENTERED THE RESTAURANT MABELLE, looking around to make sure no one he worked with was there. After searching the room thoroughly, and upon finding Mr. Phelps, he took a seat opposite him and held out his hand to shake.

"Mr. Williams, lovely to finally meet you."

"Pleasure's all mine." Harrison smiled.

"How are you?"

"I'm very good thank you. Yourself?"

"Fine." He lied. Harrison was a nervous wreck. He needed to leave TPH; he couldn't stand seeing Jack Steele or even his boss, Elizabeth Clark, anymore. He was surprised Sammie got on so well with them. After his first week, he was ready to leave. God knows why he stayed for so long though. Having two jobs was against TPH's rules, so getting part time for each was out of the question. If anyone found out, he could get fired. And then he'd really be screwed.

A young male waiter came over and took their orders.

After finishing their meal and talking for another half hour, Mr. Phelps was finally ready to leave. He paid for Harrison, and shook his hand again as he stood up.

"It was great meeting you, you're a clever young man. I will need to discuss things first, but I will call you." Mr. Phelps promised.

"Thank you sir." Harrison replied.

"Harrison?" A female voice came from behind him. There stood Sammie, looking stunning as always, with two strangers behind her. One of them was male. At this, Harrison got a little jealous, even though there was a woman with her arm linked in his.

"Hey Sammie." He pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek.

"Might I be introduced to your friend?" Mr. Phelps asked, smiling slightly. Harrison spun back around and widened his eyes a little.

"Uh, this is, uhm-"

"Co-worker and girlfriend." Sammie held out her hand, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Ex-Co-worker!" Harrison quickly put in. She smirked.

"Yep! We used to work together. This is Zeke and Caroline. They're married." She turned to Harrison.

"How lovely." Completely oblivious, Mr. Phelps turned to the door. "I have to go now, nice to meet you." With that, he left.

"Ex-co-worker?" Sammie questioned.

He sighed. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

Zeke and Caroline walked away and he waited until they were seated before he began explaining.

"So you can't tell anyone, please." He pleaded.

"Harrison, I'm your girlfriend. Besides, I'm good at keeping secrets." She suddenly smirked and kissed his lips. "I have to have dinner with my friends now, have you eaten?"

"Yeah, I ate."

"Oh. Want to join us for a drink?"

"Sure."

"Go sit with them, I just need the bathroom" She smiled.

SAMMIE WALKED TO THE BATHROOM and turned her head, making sure HW wasn't looking. Zeke caught her staring and she motioned for him to talk to HW. He nodded discreetly and turned to him, grinning.

Taking that as a chance, she  fast walked to the door, hoping the man HW was with hadn't left yet. Luckily, he was just opening his car door. Sammie smirked and caught up with him.

Oh HW, you poor, poor bastard.