Chapter 8:

**Zayn's POV**

Perrie pulled back and I peeked her lips. I looked at her in the eyes and entwined our fingers. She smiled and looked at me.

"I'm glad you are okay, honey." She was talking about my injuries. "Why can't you just stand up by yourself? Try to make him stop, you know."

"I wish I could, but I can't."

"Can you leave?"

"I can't leave my sister alone." I played with our hands. "She's not strong by herself and she needs me there for her."

"I know she's weak but, she has to learn to defend herself."

"It's not that."

"You have to let go, Zayn. She's not a baby anymore."

"She is." I pictured my sister as a baby. "She needs a man to protect her and for now, I'm the only man in her life."

"Do you plan to stay like that for the rest of her life?"

"Yep." I smiled proudly.

"You know she will find someone, honey."

"Not if I don't let that happen." I started getting up.

She shook her head in disappointment and I put on my shirt.

"Babe-

"I understand, Zayn. Just go."

"I'm sorry." I kissed her.

I left her house and saw some people drinking while they were walking around. I saw them looking at me and smirking. Help. A dog barked on the other direction and they looked there. I got my chance and ran to the castle.

I went inside and the guards looked at me. I sniffed showing some attitude. They looked down at me and I looked up at them.

I saw Nana crying as she walked to the kitchen.

"NANA!" I ran to her.

She cried and hugged me. "I'm so glad you are back."

"What happened, Nana?" I looked at her. "Did they hurt you?"

"Not me."

"Then who?" Please don't let it be Steph.

She cried more and she only cries this way when is Steph or myself.

"What did he do to her?!" I cried.

Nana couldn't answer and I ran to my sister's room. I opened the door and I could only see her hair. I got on my knees and crawled to her side. She was slowly waking up.

"I'm here." I kissed her hands. "I'm here and I'm not going to leave."

"You always do." Her eyes were full with tears.

"I won't, baby sis." I kissed her hands again.

She didn't answer and made side for me in the bed so we could cuddle.

I wrapped my hand around her and she whined in pain. I looked at her in the eyes and she shook her head. I went to the other side and lift up her shirt. I saw her wings were broken.

How come I didn't see her wings before? Everyone can hide their wings. Demon's wings go attach to your body and they look like a tattoo, every time you don't want your wings. Why tattoos? They are permanent, like our wings but, mostly because that's the demons thing. Tattoos. We are all full of tattoos here. Every year on your birthday you have to get a new tattoo. It can be any tattoo.

I also noticed new scars. She had bruises all over her back and legs. I cried as I looked at them.

"I'm fine." She hugged me.

I laid down with her in my arms.

"I love you, sis." I kissed her forehead. "We don't deserve this."

She cried in my chest. "Your injuries." She stood up. "Let me check." She took off my shirt and saw I was better. She hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around her protectively as we laid in bed remembering happy childhood memories.

**Liam's POV**

A week has past and she hasn't come. She doesn't care. Maybe she's busy? Maybe she doesn't remember. Maybe she got knocked out or something. I need girl advice.

I ran to Angie's room and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Liam, your brother."

"Come in."

I did as she said and saw she was sleeping.

"Sorry to wake you up."

"No, no, don't worry, it's fine."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded and hugged me.

"What do you need help with?"

"Umm... I meet this girl and-"

"Her name is Stephanie and you haven't seen her but, a week ago she said she will come and she didn't. Now, you are here asking me for advice."

"Is it t-that obvious?"

"No but, remember I read minds." She smiled. "That's all it has been on your mind for days, Li."

"I know, I'm just not sure."

"I know."

I hugged her tight.

"Thank you."

"You are welcome."

I kissed her head and she went back to sleep.

Perhaps, I will go see Steph. I might find a surprise.