Chapter 3

Oakland's Sweetest: Chapter 3

~2 Years Later~

Being in 3rd grade is pretty fun. I've made a lot of new friends but my best friend is Leah. She comes over all the time and I go over to her house all the time too. I think she has a crush on Jay but I'm not sure.

I was at school and we had a new seating chart so I was hoping Leah and I were next to each other.

"Chanelle you're right here." My teacher said as she pointed to the desk. I walked over and took a seat. "And Riley you're next to Chanelle right here." I hadn't met Riley yet but I heard she's nice, so I was happy about that. I was still a little sad that I wasn't next to Leah though.

"Hi Riley." I said as she took her seat. She had really pretty long blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

"Hi Chanelle." She said back with a smile.

"How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm good too. So what's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Pink. What about you?"

"Red." I said with a small laugh because it made me think of Jay's bandana.

"That's cool. Aren't you Jay's younger sister?"

"Mhm. How do you know him?"

"I see him on the big kids play ground all the time and you two look a lot alike." We do?

"Ohh, well yeah he's my older brother. He's in 4th grade but we're 2 years apart. He had to start school a year later because of his birthday." I thought that was weird but oh well.

The rest of the day went by. I liked Riley, she was really funny and really smart. I like my new seat so far.

"Who do you sit next to?" I asked Leah as we were walking to Jay's class. Jay would walk with BV and they would walk with Leah and I as we walked home. We always met by Jay's class since it was closest to the path we walked on.

"I sit next to Jesse. He's really nice and cute." She said with a small laugh.

"You think Jesse's cute?"

"Mhm. Who do you think is cute?"

"James." I said with a smile. We took a seat on the bench that was outside Jay's class.

"Really?" I nodded my head. "I heard James likes you." I felt my cheeks turn all warm.

"He does?" I feel like a butterfly feeling in my stomach. It kind of tickles.

"Yup. When I sat next to James he told me he liked you."

*Pause*

"So... Who the fuck was James?" Lexis asked.

"James was a kid who I thought was cute. He had big dark brown eyes, light splash of freckles, and chubby cheeks." I said.

"I love how Mom still remembers what he looked like from 3rd grade." DeShawn said with a laugh.

"Of course I do, he was the first kid who liked me so naturally I remembered what he looked like."

"Where is he now?" Lexis asked.

"The hell if I know? He left to a different school when we were at the end of 8th grade." I saw a little bit of a jealous look on his face that had me laughing. "You're not jealous are you?-"

"No. Continue with the story." He said abruptly.

"You all need to stop interrupting." I said before I focused back to my memories.