Chapter 9

Oakland's Sweetest: The Final Chapter

~A Few Days Later~

I hadn't heard from DeAnte since that night, which was more than nice.

It was a really hot day, the hottest by far, and I didn't feel like going anywhere or doing anything except keeping cool.

I was laying on the couch in just a bra and shorts, since I was home alone, who cares what I'm wearing? The cold leather against my back felt so good as I watched TV.

There was a knock on my door and I let out the most irritated groan possible.

"1 second!" I yelled as I got up and jogged down to my room to throw on a shirt to at least make myself not look like a lazy hoe.

"Hello?" I said as I opened the door. I know. Why not look through the peep hole? Because I can't reach the peep hole and I don't feel like dragging a stool from the kitchen, through the living room and to the front door. "What do you want?" I asked.

"I want to apologize for the other night. I never slept with Leah or anything but I was just upset that you didn't love me enough to give me your virginity." If I had a clone of myself and it was a guy, I wouldn't even love it enough to give it my virginity... Why would I give it to you?

"I don't accept your apology. You were an asshole. Then you just left me there for hours." I didn't mind that, but I might as well make him feel bad, well try to.

"I'm sorry Chanelle. Please forgive me?" He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and gave me a kiss.

"Um let go DeAnte." I said as I pulled free from his grip and took a few steps back. He came inside and shut the door behind him.

"Chanelle, please I'm sorry."

"No. Go away DeAnte or I'm calling the cops."

"Call them and I'll tell them your brother deals with heavy drugs and has gang affiliations with a lethal gang." I just stood there wide eyed. "All you have to do is accept my apology and we won't have to go to that extreme."

"Fine." I said with a sigh and I walked up to him and gave him a hug. This was one of those many times, where I wish Jay wasn't part of a gang.

"Thank you. So what are you doin' today?" I felt him slim his hand under my shirt so it was resting on my stomach.

"I was just going to relax. What were you going to do today?" I asked with slight irritation clearly in my voice.

"We can relax together." Let's not and say we did. He pulled me down onto the couch with him and I wanted to be as far away from him as possible. "Come here." He said as he pulled my face to his. I heard the sound of him undoing his belt as he kissed me and I instinctually began to freak out.

"No DeAnte!" I yelled as I got off the couch. He stood up and I took off down the hall to my room and shut the door. I was trying to think of what was heavy enough to put in front of the door but light enough for me to move. I could hear his footsteps getting closer and it made me panic more. My phone was in the kitchen so I was basically fucked over.

I heard him jiggling the knob and I pressed my body against the door, trying to keep it shut but he was slowly inching the door more and more open. He gave one final push that bursted my door open and caused me to fall down on the floor.

He grabbed me by my arm and laid me down on the bed kissing my neck and jawline. Why couldn't I speak? My throat was swelled shut and it was like I didn't have any vocal chords. I just laid there in my own personal version of a silent horror film.