Ch. 39

Seeing Things
Ch. 39

Jane's P.O.V.

I woke up with a groan of pain as I rolled on my rib. The aching had not yet went away and never did my thirst for blood.

I stretched my arms and legs out in bed. My right arm and hit something and startled me. I moved quickly and found William next to me looking over my face.

I groan and hold my pounding side.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as my heart beat quickened from the man sitting in my bed.

"You fell asleep before we could talk." He stated as if it was really that simple.

"So you stayed?" I asked confused.

"Yes we need to talk." He said again.

"I don't want to talk William." I was getting annoyed.

"Then don't talk okay?" Slight irritation came through his voice but he continued before I could open my mouth.

"I shouldn't have acted like such a dick to you this whole time. I shouldn't have even been mean or rude to being with because there was just no reason for it, but I did and it's because I care about you and want you more than I should. Any time I see you it just drives me insane but I'm so mean and hateful without you." He groaned in frustration.

"You can't even be with me and it aggravates me to think about that. I'm not your mate and you would not be just a one time fling if I had you." He continued on with his rant moving topics slightly.

"You know why I didn't want you to go? Because I didn't want you to get hurt or killed which you could have happened out there. I care about you to much to have have something like that happen again. I want to protect you."

"What do you mean again?" I questioned after his rant.

A deep sigh left his lips. He ran his hand through his hair and over his face.

"I had a mate..." he paused took a deep breath and kept speaking.

"She was killed by my father the day I met her. He said if he doesn't have a mate I don't get a mate. So I killed him after and became alpha. That's why I'm feared and known as cold or ruthless." He took a short pause thinking he was done but he cut me off.

"My mom died when I was young. It drive my dad insane and he would beat me. He started making me kill stray rouges and he shaped me into a monster. He blamed me for my mom because she protected me from a rouge attack. So he said I will never have a mate. The day I saw her I instantly regretted ever looking at her. My dad pulled her away from me before I could even touch her to feel the spark. He made me watch as he killed her. I went crazy and that's why I killed him. I took over many packs and killed many people just to stop what I was feeling. I've never felt my mates touch because she was ripped away from me." He stopped speaking and after a short pause I broke it.

"I'm sorry." The quite and soft words left my mouth.

"It's not your fault. You should go back to your old pack. Maybe you'll find your mate there." He said softly. 

"Wait, after all that you just want me to leave? Just go back like we never cared about each other in our own weird way? Yes I haven't found my mate but do don't even know why!" I started to pace the room irritated with William.

"You know I'm not the type of girl who just goes looking for every guy but if I had a mate might actually be excited to go find him. The stupidest part about this Whole thing is you act like you just know what's best for me and us. You act like you don't freaking feel the warmth when we touch. Let me tell you. Your Luna is supposed to calm you down I get it. And we all know I sure as hell piss you off but you know your wolf wasn't as angry once you saw me. Your whole freaking posture changed when you walked in that room yesterday!" I started to talk getting mad over stuff he knows is true.