Introduction.

After twenty years of remaining empty, a Commander once again sits upon The Throne Of Polis. The most sacred artefact in Grounder culture, The Flame, now resides with the Trikru warrior known as Lexa.
After protecting Polis from the advances of Queen Nia of Azgeda, Lexa and her allies defeated The Ice Nation on the battlefield only for Lexa Kom Trikru to face combat of a different kind. This fight saw Nightblood face Nightblood in a fight to the death for the right to ascend to the throne. At the end of this brutal tradition, Lexa stood victorious, The Spirit Of The Commander now resting with this fierce warrior woman.
Through the violence and bloodshed, Lexa had found something she'd never thought possible. She had fallen in love with The Skaikru Warrior known as Clarke. Together they fought for Polis, for the heritage of their people and to protect one another from the cruelty of this harsh life.
But the fates would not allow them an easy path through this new found love and leadership. Those who were hidden away in the facility known as Mount Weather, had found a way to become immune to the high levels radiation that now covered the Earth. They were free to walk the land and free to reclaim it by force if necessary.
Lexa's Coaliton of Thirteen Clans saw a peace amongst her people that would soon be shattered as the call to war beckoned. The swords of The Grounders would be pitted against the guns of The Mountain, a fight that seemed to end only one way, utter annihilation of The Grounders.
For Lexa and her people, the inevitability of what they faced weighed heavy. The bond of the Trikru Commander and the Skaikru Warrior would be tested to its limits. A sense of unease hung in the air, The Shadow Bloods were coming and they wouldn't stop until every last Grounder lay dead at their feet.