Chapter 6: The Fall Of Trishanakru.

For those who lived in the lands of The Glowing Forest, the peaceful lives of this farming community were about to be the first of The Clans to feel the wrath of The Shadow Bloods.
Each clan had been ordered to move their people to the largest and most fortified of their villages and set up patrol perimeters to guard against attacks.
Additional warriors were sent from Polis to increase the numbers in what we're now referred to a Clan Outposts.
The sun had barely risen in the sky that morning when the onslaught began. The patrolling warriors of Trishanakru weren't met with the guns of The Mountain, but with the swords and axes of their brothers and sisters who had been turned into the monstrous Reapers.
These beasts didn't feel pain when they were cut, they didn't tire from combat, they didn't stop until they had killed everything in their way.
The Shadow Bloods used these brutal killing machines to clear their way before taking down those who were left with their bullets.
In the frenzy of battle, the Chief of Trishanakru had ordered a man by the name of Ilian to take his horse and ride to Polis to seek out Commander Lexa, to let her know The Glowing Forest was about to fall. He rode hard, away from his lands and his people. The sound of screams filled the air as he turned to see home burning. The outpost was lost and with it those he cared about.

In Polis, Lexa and I had risen early to meet with The Ambassadors and her War Council

In Polis, Lexa and I had risen early to meet with The Ambassadors and her War Council. They listened attentively as it was explained that I would ride to Arkadia to oversee the production of explosives to aid The Clans in battle.
The representatives of each Clan accepted our new tactical advantage and seemed more optimistic about the troubled times that lay ahead. There was no mention of the possible use of guns until I had confirmed Jaha's location and if they were even still attainable.
I knew Lexa always held a deep sense of respect for Grounder traditions but she was also a pragmatic and visionary leader, not afraid of change should it be for the betterment of her people.
If those guns were accessible to us I knew she'd be the one to persuade The Clans to allow for their use against The Mountain in the war to come. I hoped along the way they would also show mercy to those who had held this secret for so long.
As made preparations to leave Polis, I handed over my duties to Octavia. She had agreed to stand as Skaikru Ambassador in my absence, to provide Lexa with council through the delicate decision she would face should I be successful in tracking down Thelonious Jaha.
It was hard to leave behind the place that had become my new home and to say my farewells to Lexa. Polis represented more to me than The Capital of The Grounder Nations, it was the place I'd lost my heart to the Trikru Warrior who now stood so strong as my Commander.
As I led my horse into the courtyard in front of Polis Tower, Lexa walked with me. I knew she still felt concerned about my task, but we both knew that we had a duty to our people to find a way to even the odds against The Shadow Bloods.
"Be careful out there, Skaigada. I'm not losing you to this war," Lexa spoke.
I offered her a reassuring smile as I held out my arm to my Commander. She clasped it with her own and held it tightly. All I wanted to do was kiss her but we were surrounded by her warriors and Generals.
"Don't worry, Commander. By the time I return, The Shadow Bloods will regret the day they ever left that mountain." I said with confidence.
The moment of hope was quickly shattered as Lexa's sentries ran towards us, desperately attempting to hold up an exhausted and injured Trishanakru warrior.
"Commander, our warriors found him unconscious on his horse in the woods."
The man raised his head, barely able to speak, "Heda, I am Ilian Kom Trishanakru. My lands have fallen, my people are dead. They're coming for all of us and there's no way of stopping them."
Lexa looked at the broken man before her. She turned to me with a fire in her eyes, "Ride! Do what ever it takes to seek out what will bring Mount Weather to its knees!"
I nodded and climbed upon my horse. As fast as I could, I rode towards the lands of Arkadia. This was just the beginning of what The Shadow Bloods were capable of. Sooner or later they would come for us all.