Song #11: Partner In Crime

{This song, "Hugo's First Case," and "Top of the World" are probably my favorites...}

~-~

JESSE: the Pyramids, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Rio Grande, the Rhine... I've seen the seven wonders of the world- can't wait for eight and nine. But, because of my predicament, my peculiar situation, to keep my profile low, low, low... I'm a one-man operation!

WINNIE: Jesse, I've got it! You need a partner in crime; someone to share in the view. Why see the world and all of its glories without a friend to tell your stories to?

JESSE: someone to stand by my side; two extra fists in a fight! Why should the road be long and lonely?

WINNIE: why not team up?

BOTH: we've only got tonight!

JESSE: if there's no one there to hear it, does a falling tree make sound?

WINNIE: are we heard or seen or anything without a friend around?

JESSE: the old Great Wall, the Taj Mahal, yes, they all have merit.

WINNIE: but this traveling fair could take the cake because we get to share it.

JESSE: carrot?

WINNIE: you need a partner in crime.

JESSE: I need a partner in crime.

WINNIE: someone to share in a laugh.

JESSE: someone to share in a laugh.

WINNIE: running a race without a pace setter.

JESSE: I'm out of place-

BOTH: without my better half!

WINNIE: with you-

JESSE: the fun is two-for-one...

WINNIE: and chock-full of surprises. With you, the line moves twice as fast-

BOTH: and no one realizes!

JESSE: to do whatever we do now will merit reminiscing.

BOTH: with two, I finally feel somehow that something isn't missing! I have a partner in crime.

ENSEMBLE: a partner in crime.

BOTH: someone to share in the view.

ALL: why see the world and all of its glories without a friend to tell your stories to?

ENSEMbLE: last night for fun at the fair. Sun's setting; tomorrow, we're gone.

ALL: you need a partner, a partner in crime. Two extra fists in a fight. Stuck in a sticky situation? Lucky, the trick's collaboration. Why should the road be long and lonely?

BOTH: we've only got tonight!

ENSEMBLE: last night for fun at the fair-

BOTH: a partner in crime!

ENSEMBLE: sun's setting; tomorrow, we're gone.

ALL: my partner in crime!