Chapter ten

Night Stalk was on her way to the base, flying iin a military helicopter with Lady Jaye. They had things that they wanted to discuss, but without the phones lines possibly being tapped. When they land the two passengers leave the machine as soon as possible, running into the building and then walking. Night Stalk glances around at her fellow G.I. Joe members, newer members giving her gazes of curiosity, but leaving it. She keeps walking until they get to the meeting room, sitting down next to Roadblock and Flint. A few minutes of silence later and Storm Shadow walks in, his icy stare meeting Night Stalk as soon as he stepped inside the room. She gives him a stare back as he sits.

"What's happening now?" She asks, still making eye contact with Storm Shadow.

"The plan isn't going right. He may come to 'convince' you every once in a while, but this won't go anywhere unless we get answers on how to infiltrate their base." Roadblock concluded.

"Speaking of infiltrate..." Storm Shadow mumbles, and the emergency sirens go off. The G.I. Joes jump to their feet and stare at Storm Shadow. Roadblock pushes Night Stalk towards Lady Jaye.

"Get her out of here." He orders and she nods, grabbing Night Stalks arm and leading her away.

"I can take care of myself." Night Stalk argues, ripping her arm away and walking after Lady Jaye. Before they leave completely, Night Stalk sees Storm Shadow whisper something to Roadblock.

They run through the halls of the base, Cobra men suddenly turning a corner and shooting at them. Lady Jaye flinches, but straightens out when the bullets hits an invisible force and stop mid-air, Night Stalk smiling. The men fly backwards into the wall repeatedly until they pass out, the two women running away.

"I told you." Night Stalk yells as shots reign behind them, more men running in. Lady Jaye pulls Night Stalk into a hallway, but they come face to face with Storm Shadow.

"I got her from here." He states and Lady Jaye nods, slowly turning the other way. Night Stalk gives Storm Shadow and odd look as he starts to lead her outside, the Cobra helicopter waiting for them. When she sees it, she starts to slow down, but Storm Shadow grabs her arm and turns to her.

"Trust me." He shouts over the noise, leading her onto the craft. She nervously is dragged on, sitting down and moving a hair from her face until she hears who was sitting next to her. She slowly turns her head to the side as the helicopter lifts off, nobody below making any kind of effort to stop them, and finds herself face to face with Cobra Commander.

"I'm surprised you came out of your den." She yells over the sound of the helicopter.

"I shall when my new weapon had decided to come back." His odd gravely voice replies.

"What?" Night Stalk asks, looking to Storm Shadow in confusion. He gives her a hard stare to remind her his words, and she straightens her back. Storm Shadow's eyes become downcast when Cobra Commander shifts his weight, suddenly stabbing a needle in Night Stalk's leg. She moves in barely in time and jerks back, only for Storm Shadow to produce one also.

She wasn't sure who to trust anymore.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.