Forced Marriage

One day as Nkauj came home from school, She saw that there was a older man he looks like he is three years older than Nkauj. Nkauj came into the living area and her aunt told her to come sit next to the young man. Nkauj sat down and said hello, he also replied back with a hello. Soon Suab Nag came home and Nkauj went off to help, Nkauj’s aunt say to the young man if he liked Nkauj. He answered that yes he does, she is very beautiful, kind and hardworking. He would not mind if she became his wife, Nkauj’s aunt agreed and said that it was settled then, the marriage is to happen in three days. As both agreed Nkauj walked back in and they both started at her, she gave them some water and went back out. The young man was very happy to make her his wife soon. Three days had passed by now, as Nkauj came home she saw that there was the same man that came the other day had come to visit once again but this time he was dressed up. Nkauj went up the stairs and opened the door and walked in. Nkauj saw that there were a few more people in the house too. So she wondered what was going on. As soon as Nkauj walked in the door her aunt ran and held her hand giving it to the man that came the other day. Nkauj was worried that something bad was going to happen, Nkauj’s aunt told Nkauj that she was getting married to this lovely young man. Nkauj was shocked and scared when she was told what was happening, soon him and his men started to take Nkauj out the door. Nkauj refused to go with him, he and his men started to drag Nkauj by the arm out the door, Nkauj was screaming and crying at the same time yelling for him to let her go for she is already in love with another man. He stopped to look at Nkauj and said he did not care and that he loved Nkauj and that she is going to be his wife. He then continued dragging her towards his car. As Zaj pulled up he saw what was happening and ran out of his car running towards Nkauj. Nkauj saw Zaj running toward her and she yelled out to Zaj to help her. Soon Zaj got to Nkauj and grabbed her hand from the man and took off running with Nkauj back to Zaj’s car. As Nkauj and Zaj entered the car Zaj quickly drove off with Nkauj.

    “Nkauj, what is happening why were they forcefully taking you?” asked Zaj in a panick.

    “My aunt has made an arrange marriage with that man that was holding me. I told him that I was not going with him and he did not care, he said that i was going to be his wife no matter what.”cried Nkauj.

Zaj was then filled with anger and pain, and all of the sudden there was a huge hit to the car. Nkauj looked out the window and saw that it was him the man who wanted to marry her. Within a few minutes Zaj’s car ran off of the road and flew into the woods. With the car twisting and turning and glass shattering everywhere. Zaj & Nkauj were found unconscious by the man who wanted to marry Nkauj, he saw how she was hurt and bleeding so he panicked and ran to his car and drove off. Soon Zaj’s car was found, Nkauj and Zaj were both on their way to the hospital with glass wounds and internal bleeding from the crash.